Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lanackse-Kanvae
Rayquazza
Lanackse-Kanvae
Firefox for it's spell checking function (yes there are certain words that I can't spell without that or a dictionary) and it loads pages faster than IE, the latter could be to do with Adblock Plus.

It also doesn't catch "it's" vs. "its", clearly.

That would be a grammar check and a slightly different matter. It's usually spelling words like "diarrhoea" that stump me more the the "it's" and "its" dilemma or the "there", "they're" and "their" situation.

Highlighted the irony, just in case.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I thought the function would belong to Firefox since it can't be used in IE or Chrome, for example. Just a thought on that one. Please quote where I said that I never got the grammar wrong. I'm mortal, I ******** s**t up sometimes.
Never said you weren't mortal. I'm pointing out the irony in what happened.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
It's a spell checker, not a grammar checker (in my experience grammar checkers can flag up stuff that probably shouldn't be flagged up in the first place). Not sure if there is one for FF. Care to program one?
Empress Sereph
Chrome has extensions enabled again, though I haven't delved too deeply into whats on offer,and I don't think there's a Greasemonkey equivalent just yet.
Chrome has the built in ability to use Greasemonkey scripts as extensions now, though I believe only the dev channel releases can do it at the moment
Lanackse-Kanvae
Not sure if there is one for FF. Care to program one?
This add-on is supposed to do grammar checking but I don't know how good of a job it does.

Liberal Nerd

It varies on what OS I'm using

On my main computer I use Windows 7 and on it I use three browser actually.

My favorite and used for most web browsing is Google Chrome because of it's stylish design, fast load times and it just seems like it is lighter.
The other two
Safari and Firefox are used to see how webpages I make look in other browsers (and intentionally forget that IE is still in use by people).

On my secondary I use Ubuntu and I use Seamonkey or Firefox. Really only because I don't feel like installing any others.

On my web server I installed all of the browser that would install (and look right in a Linux environment) simply because it's a web server and I like to know what my site looks like.
Main: Opera - i simply love it.
Secondary: IE

Used, in no particular order: IE, Opera, SlimBrowser.
I used some others (for example Fire Fox) very briefly, until i stumbled upon Opera, i think 7.x (it still had adds, but i immediately liked it)
I installed and used, overall maybe an hour, Safari (i hate it's font rendering. Since you can change that now (Note: i have no idea since when that was possible) i guess it's ok if anything else fails.)

Aside from Flash and similar stuff i only used a spell-check add on for Opera, and this only briefly because shortly afterwards i switched to 10 (at the time Alpha), which already has spell-check included.
I use Firefox.

Mainly because of the customization and how easy it is to use.

Even Chrome but I use it for heavy sites that don't load quick in Firefox.
I have Opera, Chrome, Firefox, IE. Honestly, my biggest ARGGHH about these browsers (besides firefox) is lack of amazing ad blocking. That's like the single most important thing to me (lol). It's not that I've gotten viruses from ads or anything, I just get really annoyed at all the "OH FLASHY LOOK AT ME" ads. I'm perfectly fine with text ads. Banners ads are okay too to some degree, just not the ones that give you epileptic seizures.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have no idea why some people are bothered by ads so much. I haven't looked at one in years. I mentally block them far more efficiently than any blacklist. I'm confident everyone here can do this.

Liberal Nerd

Rayquazza
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have no idea why some people are bothered by ads so much. I haven't looked at one in years. I mentally block them far more efficiently than any blacklist. I'm confident everyone here can do this.

One word

Viruses.
Rayquazza
I just find them annoying to see, I've grown so accustomed to adblocking that pages just look ugly without it. Plus I see no downside in using adblocking.
Rgoodermote
Rayquazza

One word

Viruses.

I've never gotten a virus from an ad. Ever. Use an up to date browser, and your concerns should be minimal.

NlGHTKNlGHT's Widow

Chrome: It's light, loads everything fast, and I Just like how everything is set up when I just need a browser, and that's it.

Firefox: For everything not stated above, customization.

IE: If all else fails, go for the crap.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces