Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have been using firefox for years. Now when I use anything else it just feels wrong.

5,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Der deutsche
PacJack360
Der deutsche
google is comeing up in the ranks because it reders pages really well but flash
Flash is built-into Chrome now and runs quite well, have you tried it anytime recently?

actually I have recently used it in the past few weeks and I'm still getting buggy performance.

Update your Chrome then.
1. What browser(s) do you use and why do you like using it(them) over others?
I use firefox because it`s the most compatible with the sites I go on (like my university email account.)

2. If any, what add-ons or extensions do you use with your browser?
Feedly, Wishpot, morning coffee, read it later.

3. What other browsers have you used?
Safari, Opera, Google Chrome.

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I mostly use Firefox. I love the variety of add-ons it has, which really balances well with its speed and security.

AdBlock Plus
WOT (Web of Trust)
GreaseMonkey
Canadian English Dictionary
Simple Timer + Clocks
Tab Mix Plus
NoScript

I have used Google Chrome before. I love its speed; I might reinstall it someday. I have Opera too, but even though it has great usability, its speed and website compatibility is terrible (at least on my computer). As well, I hate the fact that Opera can't be extended much with add-ons. Probably will jump ship soon. I also used IE before I heard of Firefox.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

As of late, I've been using Google Chrome primarily. No add ons to it really, I just use it "out of the box" and call it good. If I ever have a need for an add on...I'll use one but for now I do fine without.

I've also used a long list of other browsers: IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Comet Bird, Netscape Navigator, Netscape Communicator(I believe this at some point was also an e-mail client), MyIE2(something like that, just an IE knockoff that added tabbed browsing).

Greedy Lover

~ I use Google Chrome because it is fast compared to IE, Firefox, and Opera (based on my experience).

~ I have the IE tab (for a reason), All Manga Reader, and AdBlock.

~ IE, Fire fox, and Opera.

Adorable Champion

31,115 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Waffles! 25
I use IE8.

It works good for me, so why not?
I've recently started using jumanji, and it's quickly becoming a favorite.

Aged Elder

8,300 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I use Opera, because of its fast loading, turbo mode, great appearance and flow, fast downloading, detailed status bar, easy to customize, though it doesnt have many add-ons nor web development tools, but it is good for just exploring the internet.
nusshkazn
I've recently started using jumanji, and it's quickly becoming a favorite.
Looks like Uzbl easy mode.
Yeah, I know of uzbl, but thanks anyway. I haven't put in enough time to use it efficiently.

4,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I use Firefox as my dominate browser with NoScript, Redirect Remover, and the Web Developer tool bar. However, I have had problems with using certain firewalls causing Firefox to hang at exit. Once I got a new firewall, it stopped the problem.

I have IE 8 and Chrome. Chrome has no add ons, but I haven't played with it enough to figure out if I want to switch it. The themes are not all that interesting as Firefox's personas. I will use this to see if my Internet problems are Firefox related or connection related before I use IE 8.

I have IE 8 only to diagnose connection problems. I view it as a clunky browser that doesn't give us very much speed. Of course, when I had a Trojan, my setting in IE 8 got changed and it screwed up everything Internet related with my computer. xp Something about Proxy or something like that.

In my HTML book (written by a Mac user), IE is bashed regularly for being a browser that does weird things to certain HTML code. If you are learning how to design websites, you will know a lot about these problems. Even though there are standards *rolls eyes*, not all browsers support them.

Never heard of some of these browsers you guys are mentioning. I might try some.

Invisible Gawker

5,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
firefox, just over my time on computers i find it is a generally a better user end experience, well i have to say i almost gave it up for Konqueror but it didn't work with some sites sad
Keefox, greasemonkey, adblock, stumble upon, window shopper
firefox, IE, Konqueror, chrome, opera
I figured it would do some good to bump this thread back up to the top of the board

I'm still mainly using Firefox, Chrome and sometimes IE

Firefox 4.0 has gotten a lot better since the release of beta 7 and I'm finding that hardware acceleration is working better in Firefox compared to IE

Internet Explorer 9 has worked well and been quite stable, although I haven't used it for much more than my school's and website and Facebook

Chrome has been progressing nicely and now everyone else in my house has flocked from Firefox to Chrome, I've also been liking a lot of the experimental options in about:flags

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff