Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was wondering. I recently bought a IBM labtop that is cheap and works with what I need to do right now; however, I wonder why specifically do you avoid laptops made by eMachines.
emachines in general tend to use lowend parts and skimp on quality, if your looking for a desktop build it yourself if your going to get a laptop stay away from compaq hp ibm and unless your rich stay away from sony

hp use crap parts and are porely put together
compaq use proprietary parts so if you break something your going to pay out your a**
sony basicly makes you pay 400$ for the brand name
ibm is out of date they were realy good for a while but they just didnt stay with the program
Nameless_FaceEater
emachines in general tend to use lowend parts and skimp on quality, if your looking for a desktop build it yourself if your going to get a laptop stay away from compaq hp ibm and unless your rich stay away from sony

compaq use proprietary parts so if you break something your going to pay out your a**
ibm is out of date they were realy good for a while but they just didnt stay with the program

yep. IBM actally stopped in the computer run, and i think they sold the building rights for the computers to Sony. I know that IBM quit to work more on its line of businuess, not PC's.
yah ibm now does things like the corperate servers and whatnot

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
IBM sold their personal computer division to a chinese company called Lenovo. However, you can still get thinkpads, and I wouldn't worry about the quality, they are top notch for the most part.

The only two laptops I'd buy are IBM and Apple smile
Nameless_FaceEater

bullshit
i've used laptops from emachines, IBM, hp, and compaq
never had a single problem with them.
i'd never buy a sony, but if i got one cheap i'd go for it, they are decent computers.
say what you like im entitled to my opinion and i think e machines are crap, compaqs use proprietary parts so they are exspencive to upgrade and there ac adapters are crap

i refuse to buy anything from emachines because the last 2 comps ive had from them the psu died within a month

ibm is ok not fabulouse if i were to buy a notebook id either get an ibm if i had the money since they are the most reliable of most laptops i just dont like how light they are, i need weight to my laptop i dunt need it to be a frisby

like the other guy said

ibm or apple *wishes he had money for a apple powerbook*
It all depends on how well you can take care of it, if it's going to be a s**t computer or not.

Apples charge you way too much for what they have, don't get them, either.
Nameless_FaceEater
say what you like im entitled to my opinion and i think e machines are crap, compaqs use proprietary parts so they are exspencive to upgrade and there ac adapters are crap

i refuse to buy anything from emachines because the last 2 comps ive had from them the psu died within a month

ibm is ok not fabulouse if i were to buy a notebook id either get an ibm if i had the money since they are the most reliable of most laptops i just dont like how light they are, i need weight to my laptop i dunt need it to be a frisby

like the other guy said

ibm or apple *wishes he had money for a apple powerbook*

hey slick, you don't upgrade notebooks
you don't have a psu in a notebook either.
i had an emachines running for 5 years, untill i accidently killed the motherboard with a screw
few typos in there by upgrade i mean replace things whenn they break
and when i said psu i mean emachines in general with my expierence died quickly

if youve had beter expierences with them good for you im just puting info out there

apples arent overpriced they are built for quality, id rather pay the extra 300$ and get a quality ocmputer then to spend it later on broken parts
Nameless_FaceEater
few typos in there by upgrade i mean replace things whenn they break
and when i said psu i mean emachines in general with my expierence died quickly

if youve had beter expierences with them good for you im just puting info out there

apples arent overpriced they are built for quality, id rather pay the extra 300$ and get a quality ocmputer then to spend it later on broken parts

If you build your own PC with quality parts, Apples will still be more expensive than what they're worth.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Apanthropy

If you build your own PC with quality parts, Apples will still be more expensive than what they're worth.

Having (controversially) the best Unix-based OS in the world isn't worth a few bucks extra to you?
WWLink
Apanthropy

Having (controversially) the best Unix-based OS in the world isn't worth a few bucks extra to you?
Now now, not everyone wants Unix wink I'll always think its better to have both Operating Systems (Mac & Windows)
apple is quality, they are top of the line for productions like music editing photo and video editing etc, your paying for a topnotch and way less bugy OS
sure you can build a comp with equal power for 300$ less but im willing to spend 300 if i had it on a good looking computer that is protected by some damn good waranties, the os doesnt crash every hour, its more ram efficient, and the tech support when something goes wrong is the best in the world
Nameless_FaceEater
apple is quality, they are top of the line for productions like music editing photo and video editing etc, your paying for a topnotch and way less bugy OS
sure you can build a comp with equal power for 300$ less but im willing to spend 300 if i had it on a good looking computer that is protected by some damn good waranties, the os doesnt crash every hour, its more ram efficient, and the tech support when something goes wrong is the best in the world

Heh...you obviously haven't dealt with a lot of Macs, because the idea that they're virus-, bug-, and crash-proof is a complete myth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff