Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi guys.. hope u can help me with this problem :/
First of all, i know almost nothing about computers xd so please try explain as easily as u can.
So.. my computer always kind of had a problem with viruses and today i was reinstalling Avast (had it before but my sister some crap AV which i didnt like). After installing some error appreared saying i cant open it and should reinstall again. However i uninstalled it but computer froze so i restarted.
Here's where my problem started.. when i opened computer i couldnt run some applications like bsplayer, games and many folders were missing. I scanned and detected viruses and deleted them buuut my folders still missing and games etc not running. It says: "The item ".... .exe" that this shortcut refers to has been changer or moved." the hell that means gonk
What actually happened and can i get my files back? D: I reallly realllllllly need help please

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950505
The above will contain all the details you need to fix it. If you choose the "let me fix it myself" steps don't start missing steps because you find them inconvenient and make sure you put the stuff down exactly as they put it.

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

I'd just backup files and FDR. Becuase it seems like it also uninstalled a needed program..

Also AVG detects malware 100x times better than Avast! Antivirus.
Malwarebytes is infinitely better than AVG anything.

EDIT: AT CATCHING MALWARE. SEE ABOVE POST.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
GlaDos Badass
Malwarebytes is infinitely better than AVG anything.

Malwarebytes is not an antivirus, it's antispyware. There's a difference between viruses and spyware but that would be a whole topic in and of itself.
I was arguing it for Malwarebytes being better at MALWARE. which was the post above me complaint. I never said viruses or spyware.

Quote:
Also AVG detects malware 100x times better than Avast! Antivirus.

Also I recognize that malware is a catch all term for malicious software. Spyware are programs that just spy on your activities, and anitivirus specialize if not only do viruses.

So in this case, I would suggest that Malwarebytes is best at malware, Avast! in my opinion has caught more viruses for me than AVG ever did for the 5 years running both just to see which caught more. I also think that Malwarebytes also does better at spyware so no bringing Spybot into this.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
You need BOTH antispyware and antivirus to get all over protection. If you have only one it's like wearing only bikini bottoms and then wondering why your tits have sunburn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff