Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
A few days ago, my version of Sony Vegas began having trouble opening. When I click on the icon, nothing happens. I've tried running it as an administrator and reinstalling it several times, but nothing has worked so far. When I try to diagnose the problems, it says the program in incompatible. But this build has been working since I first installed it little more than a month ago, and I haven't made any changes to my computer that might interfere with it. It's been a while since I contacted technical support on the Sony website, but I haven't received any reply.
I'm at my wit's end here. What else can I do?
Did you buy it or get it off of a website like pirate bay?

Beloved Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Yuki the Third
Did you buy it or get it off of a website like pirate bay?

I bought it.
I'd reccomend downloading revo uninstaller and using it to pull Vegas out 100%, restart and reinstall.

Original Gaian

Open up task manager and then attempt to open the program, and watch to see if the program attempts to open. Does it close out right away or does it attempt to load up? Are their any programs running in the background you don't recognize?

Beloved Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
I've tried the task manager, but nothing shows up. There are no other programs, either.

Original Gaian

-Des Animaux-
I've tried the task manager, but nothing shows up. There are no other programs, either.
Try watching the processes tab for vegas110.exe (I believe this is the name of Vegas HD 11) and see if the process starts to open, or if another program opens when you attempt.

Were there *any* changes you made to the computer at all since you last sucessfully opened your program?

Beloved Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Gabriel Faust
-Des Animaux-
Try watching the processes tab for vegas110.exe (I believe this is the name of Vegas HD 11) and see if the process starts to open, or if another program opens when you attempt.

Were there *any* changes you made to the computer at all since you last sucessfully opened your program?

Well, the last day that I used it, I loaded a patch for Star Wars: The Old Republic. But I don't think that would do it. There were plenty of patches that I loaded since I installed Vegas back in December, and it was running perfectly before last week.

Beloved Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Gabriel Faust
-Des Animaux-

Okay, I've opened the resource monitor, and when I click the Vegas icon, something does pop up. But then it gets terminated! WTF?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff