Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Lanackse-Kanvae
Lucked It Up
I want a kindle smile

Kindles are e-readers. i-Pads are more tablet PCs. Apples and Oranges. Apples and Oranges.
No, it's valid. Amazon is marketing the Kindle Fire as a small tablet. I might not be much more than a Nook Color, but they're choosing to market it as an iPad competitor so comparing the two is valid, if laughable.

5,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Profitable 100
Lanackse-Kanvae
Lucked It Up
I want a kindle smile

Kindles are e-readers. i-Pads are more tablet PCs. Apples and Oranges. Apples and Oranges.

Apples are way better than oranges.

Blessed Gaian

6,825 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Lucked It Up
Lanackse-Kanvae
Lucked It Up
I want a kindle smile

Apples are way better than oranges.

Agreed. Apples are my favorite fruit actually.

Shameless Enabler

Neiu
Why anyone would throw so much money away on such a limited device is beyond me. neutral
It's that time of year again! Yessir, boys and girls, lady and gentlemen, gather round and witness - live and uncensored! - the iPad Moaner! These rare beasts only come at once a year, on the same schedule as the iPad itself, and spend the entirety of the device's first month of release telling people that the device is limited and awful, asking why you would buy one, and why won't Richard Stallman have their babies anyway? Be very quiet, and we may even see it attempt to justify its decision while namedropping half a dozen failed Android tablets, many of which are still running Gingerbread instead of Honeycomb or Icecream Sandwich! If pressed, we may even find that this specimen has not actually used an iPad in the real world - not an uncommon phenomenon! - or doesn't actually like tablets at all and has no business discussing them or advising on them!

Truly, a rare and wonderful creature.
nouveau sereph
Neiu
Why anyone would throw so much money away on such a limited device is beyond me. neutral
It's that time of year again! Yessir, boys and girls, lady and gentlemen, gather round and witness - live and uncensored! - the iPad Moaner! These rare beasts only come at once a year, on the same schedule as the iPad itself, and spend the entirety of the device's first month of release telling people that the device is limited and awful, asking why you would buy one, and why won't Richard Stallman have their babies anyway? Be very quiet, and we may even see it attempt to justify its decision while namedropping half a dozen failed Android tablets, many of which are still running Gingerbread instead of Honeycomb or Icecream Sandwich! If pressed, we may even find that this specimen has not actually used an iPad in the real world - not an uncommon phenomenon! - or doesn't actually like tablets at all and has no business discussing them or advising on them!

Truly, a rare and wonderful creature.

It's that time of year again! Yessir, boys and girls, lady and gentlemen, gather round and witness - live and uncensored! - the Apple Fan! These abundant beasts come everyday, condensing on the same schedule as the [insert apple product here] launch, and spend the entirety of the device's first month of release telling people that the device has infinite potential and is god-like, asking, "Why don't you have one?", and, "Why won't Steve Jobs have their babies anyway?". Be very quiet, and we may even see it attempt to justify its decision to buy [insert apple product here] while namedropping half a dozen failed [insert competition products here], many of which are still running [insert uncomparable legacy software here]! If pressed, we may even find that this specimen has not actually have [insert non-apple product] in the real world - not an uncommon phenomenon! - or doesn't actually like [insert non-apple product] since it isn't Apple at all and has no experience to give liable reasons why their beloved [insert apple product here] is "superior" to the rest, or knowledge other than what they have been spoonfeed at Apple tech support!

Truly, a plentiful and horrendous creature.

Shameless Enabler

I like how my post was so great, that rather than come up with your own mocking diatribe, you just copied it and changed some words. In fact, you didn't even address my criticism, which was that you kind of just lumbered into a thread about the iPad just to say you don't like it and don't get people who do. Wow! Amazing!

Stop. Just stop. These things have been coming out for three ******** years and you people still feel the need to tell us how much you don't like it. And I'm fine with you not liking it, or would be, if you didn't go out of your Goddamn way to tell people (sorry, sheeple) how stupid they are every time, on schedule, like the ******** trains. We all have opinions on stuff, and that's super cool, but what isn't is barging into a thread about something you already hate just to b***h about the people who like it.

Whatever. ******** off.
nouveau sereph
I like how my post was so great, that rather than come up with your own mocking diatribe, you just copied it and changed some words. In fact, you didn't even address my criticism, which was that you kind of just lumbered into a thread about the iPad just to say you don't like it and don't get people who do. Wow! Amazing!

Stop. Just stop. These things have been coming out for three ******** years and you people still feel the need to tell us how much you don't like it. And I'm fine with you not liking it, or would be, if you didn't go out of your Goddamn way to tell people (sorry, sheeple) how stupid they are every time, on schedule, like the ******** trains. We all have opinions on stuff, and that's super cool, but what isn't is barging into a thread about something you already hate just to b***h about the people who like it.

Whatever. ******** off.

Get over yourself, kid.

Oh and how's your overpriced, unix-based system on training wheels going? Must be great having to jailbreak it when you should be able to do half those things in the first place. Oh, and I'm sure your scripting languages are real handy there. So don't tell me to stop, when you went out of your way to bring this on yourself. You could've just left my opinion alone, but you felt the need to try and belittle me. I disagree with you; deal wit it nerd; Ownd4lyfe.

Is this original enough for you?

Edit: Oh! and you know what, thinking about how you were saying how I didn't answer your whatever you were pointing out in that post you made I copy/edited, you didn't even help me understand what went over my head. Which was me saying how i don't understand what justified this sort of purchase. Making a connection here? Good, hold on to that thought, it has been your first in a while.

Shameless Enabler

I like my iPhone, yes. And my iPad! And my MBP, and even my Toshiba running Win 7. I don't particularly care about the imagined short comings of a platform, nor why others buy their own platforms, and I use what I use because they fulfil my needs at prices I was willing to swallow. I also have extremely little tolerance for people who make baseless accusations about the users of a competing platform or product, or even insinuate as much.

When you throw around the idea of the device in question being overpriced in an Apple discussion (especially in a forum where many users have or have had Apple hardware in the past), you're looking for a reaction, and you got one, you can't plead innocence here. Then the reaction you got wasn't what you wanted! Oh, sorry. I apologise.

I'd shake hands with you and call it a day, but you seem pretty upset. I guess you should see someone about that? It'd probably be for the best.
nouveau sereph
I like my iPhone, yes. And my iPad! And my MBP, and even my Toshiba running Win 7. I don't particularly care about the imagined short comings of a platform, nor why others buy their own platforms, and I use what I use because they fulfil my needs at prices I was willing to swallow. I also have extremely little tolerance for people who make baseless accusations about the users of a competing platform or product, or even insinuate as much.

When you throw around the idea of the device in question being overpriced in an Apple discussion (especially in a forum where many users have or have had Apple hardware in the past), you're looking for a reaction, and you got one, you can't plead innocence here. Then the reaction you got wasn't what you wanted! Oh, sorry. I apologise.

I'd shake hands with you and call it a day, but you seem pretty upset. I guess you should see someone about that? It'd probably be for the best.

I was going to respond seriously, but seeing you make a fool of yourself is satisfying enough. Keep digging that hole you put yourself in, I beg you.

Sparkly Lunatic

Neiu
nouveau sereph

I was going to respond seriously, but seeing you make a fool of yourself is satisfying enough. Keep digging that hole you put yourself in, I beg you.

No, I'm pretty sure you're the one in the hole.

I'd drop you a ladder, but you seem to have gone to far. Good luck with that.
trezoid
Neiu
nouveau sereph

No, I'm pretty sure you're the one in the hole.

I'd drop you a ladder, but you seem to have gone to far. Good luck with that.

Oh, so you came to help her start digging too? That's good, I was afraid she wouldn't go very far alone.
Wow.

Not before have I seen a thread so badly derailed into argumentum ad hominem, ad absurdum.

Please stop behaving like jibbering fools. All three of you.

Sparkly Lunatic

Neiu

Oh, so you came to help her start digging too? That's good, I was afraid she wouldn't go very far alone.

nouveau sereph is male. Just thought you should know that before you stuff you foot even further in you mouth.
trezoid
Neiu

nouveau sereph is male. Just thought you should know that before you stuff you foot even further in you mouth.

Your point? And I'd say you're going to have to at least dig faster than that if you want to make it to china anytime soon.

Sparkly Lunatic

Neiu
trezoid
Neiu

Your point? And I'd say you're going to have to at least dig faster than that if you want to make it to china anytime soon.

Really. Trying to troll the guy in the troll outfit. Nice.

Maybe you're the one I should be linking the definition of white knight to? you seem somewhat mistaken, mainly by the fact that you can't, by definition, white knight for a guy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff