Welcome to Gaia! ::

Disconsented
I kinda feel like posting my cable management in my new NZXT Phantom.
Go nuts! I have another little mod that I've been meaning to throw up here too.
You asked for it biggrin
User Image
User Image
Could be a lot better at the back. Kinda got annoyed with the extra cables and just wanted to get everything going.
Disconsented
Could be a lot better at the back. Kinda got annoyed with the extra cables and just wanted to get everything going.
That hanging USB 3.0 connector is kind of unfortunate. xp

Something I always thought would be fun would be to get a bunch of these style of SATA connectors and pop them all off. They're only held on by a plastic clip on the back and then the wires slot down into contacts that break the outer insulation - same in theory as ethernet connectors, but these aren't crimped and are totally reusable. Basically, take a bunch of these and slap them onto a SATA extension cable spaced to hit all of your drives. Then you have a single cable that powers all of your drives that is only as long as the vertical height of the drives. On systems where the drives face out and are easily visible this would make it look a lot cleaner.

I haven't gotten around to it though. I'm lazy.

And clean your heatsink!
Minion4Hire
Disconsented
That hanging USB 3.0 connector is kind of unfortunate. xp

Something I always thought would be fun would be to get a bunch of these style of SATA connectors and pop them all off. They're only held on by a plastic clip on the back and then the wires slot down into contacts that break the outer insulation - same in theory as ethernet connectors, but these aren't crimped and are totally reusable. Basically, take a bunch of these and slap them onto a SATA extension cable spaced to hit all of your drives. Then you have a single cable that powers all of your drives that is only as long as the vertical height of the drives. On systems where the drives face out and are easily visible this would make it look a lot cleaner.

I haven't gotten around to it though. I'm lazy.

And clean your heatsink!

I don't have SATA 3 on my Board sad (will change when upgrade).
I always thought that SATA cables were crimped, good to know anyway.

That is a pretty damn good idea might be able to squeeze a few more frames (or more stability :/) out of PS2.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff