Welcome to Gaia! ::

There's no way video quality like this is by steady camera aim. No way. That video is perfectly set up, and it's amazing! I want to know how I can get video quality like that. I'm having a bit of trouble getting that exact information. Does anyone know how I can get quality like that? It's on a real tv screen and an average Xbox, but I need to know how to do it. I'm doing let's plays soon enough for youtube, and I want perfect quality the whole time, from the start. Can somebody help me out? crying
DragonManipulator372
*snip*
There's no way video quality like this is by steady camera aim. No way. That video is perfectly set up, and it's amazing! I want to know how I can get video quality like that. I'm having a bit of trouble getting that exact information. Does anyone know how I can get quality like that? It's on a real tv screen and an average Xbox, but I need to know how to do it. I'm doing let's plays soon enough for youtube, and I want perfect quality the whole time, from the start. Can somebody help me out? crying

one could have a signal out from the TV to a recording device.

Original Gaian

Most videos like this are recorded with capture hardware that will record the outgoing video and audio feed from the xbox or other console and record what is going out to the television in real time.
A common brand of capture hardware is Hauppauge, which were kind enough to provide a diagram of how the setup would normally look.

Just alerting you now, quality recording equipment can be pricy, especially if you aren't aware of what you are getting into. My personal recommendation is to straight up ask someone who is doing a video like this what their equipment recommendation would be. It can be a bit daunting at first, and I don't want to give the wrong impression by not letting you know.
Gabriel Faust
Most videos like this are recorded with capture hardware that will record the outgoing video and audio feed from the xbox or other console and record what is going out to the television in real time.
A common brand of capture hardware is Hauppauge, which were kind enough to provide a diagram of how the setup would normally look.

Just alerting you now, quality recording equipment can be pricy, especially if you aren't aware of what you are getting into. My personal recommendation is to straight up ask someone who is doing a video like this what their equipment recommendation would be. It can be a bit daunting at first, and I don't want to give the wrong impression by not letting you know.

Okay, thank you so much for helping! I think this is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Original Gaian

DragonManipulator372
Gabriel Faust

Okay, thank you so much for helping! I think this is EXACTLY what I was looking for.
Good luck with your endeavors and I hope you have fun!
There are PVR's out there that record media.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff