Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am trying to access my IIS webpages via external IP. I thought I had the ports forwarded correctly but my Router, not IIS is returning a 404. I have tcp ports 80 forwarded to my IIS server.

Win Server 2K3, D-Link DI-514 wireless router.
Make sure the HTTP server is enabled.

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking anything.

Make sure you have an index page set if you're trying to access that.
unicycler
I am trying to access my IIS webpages via external IP. I thought I had the ports forwarded correctly but my Router, not IIS is returning a 404. I have tcp ports 80 forwarded to my IIS server.

Your DLink should have an option called "enable remote management" or somesuch. Disable that.
IIS works fine on the intranet with http://server/default.htm but when I try subing my ip for my computer name I get a 404, but its not the IIS 404. I think it may be my router's 404 unless my ISP blocks port 80.
Try a different port.
Different port for http?
Yes. IIS should allow you to specify a port.

You just need to tell the browser what port you're using when you try to connect.
I had a buddy of my try to connect to it and he got it just fine. I guess it is just trying to log me into my router since i am still inside the network.
you need to enable port forewarding for interlan and external calls.
unicycler

I'd watch it, most home internet connections are NOT suppose to host sites off their own connection, they will consider you in break of their TOS and shut down your internet or just block your ports....
Since you're on the inside of the network, you should try your private IP. 192.168.0.2 or whatever it is.
unicycler
I had a buddy of my try to connect to it and he got it just fine. I guess it is just trying to log me into my router since i am still inside the network.

bingo, this is your issue, and mine too.

as a workaround to not break any servers you may be running, throw an entry into your hosts file pointing back to your comp (my tracker required this)
Well,

First I guess that your ISP block the HTTP Port # 80.

So there how to pass beyond:

First, in the IIS change the port for something like 8080 (recomanded)

Then go in your Router and change (or make) a rule for "Virtual HTTP Server" and enter your local (on network) IP and the selected port (8080).

Then go take a free port redirection service. I use Dynu.
Then enter your IP (on the Internet) and in the port fowarding section place 8080...

There you are...
unicycler
IIS works fine on the intranet with http://server/default.htm but when I try subing my ip for my computer name I get a 404, but its not the IIS 404. I think it may be my router's 404 unless my ISP blocks port 80.
If your ISP blocked port 80 you would not get a 404 page.
spycom
If your ISP blocked port 80 you would not get a 404 page.
True...
He will get nothing if the ISP block it.
Cuz the server isn't reachable

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces