Welcome to Gaia! ::

GameInformer article
Again, if you're just listening to music with no visuals at all then it should last, as I said yesterday, about eight to ten hours just like an iPod would. If you are playing a game that is consistently cycling through and putting the CPU to good use, yeah, battery life is going to be shorter. Maybe about two and a half, three hours. That's why putting the range in there... because it's more difficult because it's got a wide range of applications to really pinpoint to say, "It's eight hours." Because it could be longer, or it could be shorter, and by dramatic margins up or down.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200406/N04.0604.1354.39666.htm

3 hours? Let's just hope this thing has replacable batteries and a desktop charger that don't cost an utter fortune (hah!) sweatdrop
Two and a half to three hours is still better then a gameboy pocket...

I hope they use a battery+charger, rather then relying on AA/AAAs...
Xeon Sempai

that's not even HALF of my GBC... My GBC can go on for 6 hours but then I have proper Battery Pack on mine.
They better go rechargable... then again I guess 3 hours is decent.
Umm, N-gage goes for 6 hours while in radio, but i just use it as my cell phone and browser domokun
Xeon Sempai

I preffer th3e AAs cause if my bats are low and im nowhere near an outless i can kist toss some more in.
Xeon Sempai

No, it isn't
Xeon Sempai

They're using rechargable lithium-ion batteries, just like the GBA SP
As long as it doesn't bring back the *fond* memories of the Sega GameGear's battery suckage, I'll huggle the PSP like if it were a child. heart
Nehle
Xeon Sempai

No, it isn't

Ah, I was wrong, thank you for correcting me, after looking it up, game boy pocket was supposed to have ~9hrs battery life, though I never saw mine last beyond four, meh, likely due to the light I had(and the rechargeables I used)...
Nehle
Xeon Sempai

They're using rechargable lithium-ion batteries, just like the GBA SP
Yay!
R3sistance
Xeon Sempai

that's not even HALF of my GBC... My GBC can go on for 6 hours but then I have proper Battery Pack on mine.
When you think about the quality of sound, video, game quality, etc. it's only logical to see that the GBC -would- run longer than a PSP.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
The kickass thing about the PSP is the screen accounts for the majority of it's size. The suckage part is it's battery life... I guess there's always a tradeoff.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff