Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
I'm actually looking for a list of books from beginner to advanced. Just starting to learn but am pretty quick once I get started and focus. Really looking forward to learning everything about programming. I want to learn as many languages(code types, whatever) as I possibly can.
Check this out for a guide on learning how to program by one of our regulars.

If you really want only a reading list, here's the C&T's reading list.
Azu Mahara
I'm actually looking for a list of books from beginner to advanced. Just starting to learn but am pretty quick once I get started and focus. Really looking forward to learning everything about programming. I want to learn as many languages(code types, whatever) as I possibly can.
You'll want to put Code by Charles Petzold very near the top of that list. I'm surprised we didn't add it to our reading list.

But buy everything on that list that Kir posted. We've found those books to be indispensable.

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Now I'm curious where I should start?
Azu Mahara
Now I'm curious where I should start?

For now, I highly suggest that you should start with the first link I gave you and start watching the lectures.

You can probably skip the first video though. It's a syllabus lecture.

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
MyNameIsKir
You can probably skip the first video though. It's a syllabus lecture.

Ah. Okay. After doing a little more research on programming I think I'll try to gain enough knowledge to get a MS in Software Engineering.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
psychic stalker
Azu Mahara
You'll want to put Code by Charles Petzold very near the top of that list. I'm surprised we didn't add it to our reading list.

But buy everything on that list that Kir posted. We've found those books to be indispensable.
It's in the wiki/guide, but you should probably add it to the reading list, too.
Sitwon
psychic stalker
Azu Mahara

It's in the wiki/guide, but you should probably add it to the reading list, too.
I'm reluctant to bump the thread, for fear that an overzealous (read: illiterate and stupid) mod will inappropriately lock it.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
psychic stalker
Sitwon
psychic stalker
Azu Mahara

I'm reluctant to bump the thread, for fear that an overzealous (read: illiterate and stupid) mod will inappropriately lock it.
If they lock it, the regs will tear them a new one and the situation will be remedied. Besides, locked isn't deleted, so I see no harm in it.

Edit: really, that thread should probably be stickied like one of the guides.
psychic stalker
Azu Mahara

I'll add it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces