Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Capitalist

3,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Not sure if this goes here, but I'm sure most people here are good at this. Anyways, I recently started recording my own game footage with fraps. Maybe it's dealing with my fraps settings, I don't know, but I record and import it into PP CS5. Everything works until I place the video on the timeline which then shows the video but the video is much wider than the actual frame. So what I end up doing with scaling it down by dragging the corners. Here's where I get into a situation. My full footage ends up not fully shown on the screen and any more dragging will end up showing the black bars on the side. So I was wondering if someone knew how I could go about showing all of my footage and/or there is something I'm doing wrong in the process of recording/importing/exporting.

My screen resolution is 1680x1020
For fraps, I'm recording full size video at 60 fps.
The choices that I end up choosing for PP CS5 are...
Video Display Format: Timecode
Audio Display Format: Audio Samples
Capture Format: HDV
Choice of Sequence preset: HDV 720p30/1080p30
My exporting is in Youtube Widescreen HD

Example of a video w/ HDV 720p30:

Just a quick post, I noticed at the side when picking sequence preset, it tells me 16.9. Do I have to shoot in 1680x900 in order to shoot the right video w/o some of it clipping off?

Aged Phantom

La Pieuvre Inanimee

Just a quick post, I noticed at the side when picking sequence preset, it tells me 16.9. Do I have to shoot in 1680x900 in order to shoot the right video w/o some of it clipping off?
In short, yes.

But I wouldn't do that if I were you. The resulting video file would be huge.
You could try 4:3 or square pixels for less black bars.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games