Welcome to Gaia! ::

I got a Pentium MMX 266 for laptops I wonder if it will fit into my senior desktop?
Unlikely.

Pentium 2's were a slot one vertical socket where as I think they were horizontal in the Notbooks and firmley soldered onto the daughterboard.

but if you were intended to remove the CPU from said desinge you can bet there would be a removeable panal underneath the laptop that exposes the CPU to you.

Perfect Regular

Darkphantom
Unlikely.

Pentium 2's were a slot one vertical socket where as I think they were horizontal in the Notbooks and firmley soldered onto the daughterboard.

but if you were intended to remove the CPU from said desinge you can bet there would be a removeable panal underneath the laptop that exposes the CPU to you.

Even if he did find a way to fit it, I don't think it would be able to provide the right voltages for it to work.

This is one of those things I'm not 100% sure on, BTW. xd
Darkphantom
Unlikely.

pent MMX 266 was a socket not slot ... {they arn't pent II which are based on the pent pro core and added MMX to those}

I know my pent 75 laptop uses a standard pent 1 chip ... not sure if the 266's did

the original pent chips went up to 266

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/80586/Intel-Pentium%20MMX%20266%20-%20FV80503266%20(top).html
Aye, unless it's a super socket 7 processor, then chances are low. SS7 topped out around 233 mhz for the pentium line, although there may have been a few 266's released for it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff