Welcome to Gaia! ::

I thought about how water cooling systems is great and, all that stuff. But, can it be done, and be effecient, to use some other fluid like fx. clean alcohol or coolant fluid?

Or would this ruin the cooler?
Metric wizard
I thought about how water cooling systems is great and, all that stuff. But, can it be done, and be effecient, to use some other fluid like fx. clean alcohol or coolant fluid?

Or would this ruin the cooler?
Yeah, liquid nitrogen...but I think it requires a special type of cooling system though.
Coolant is a nice cheap solution 3nodding
I'll give 2000 gold to the first person that can prove they are cooling thier machine with a liquid cooling system loaded with Guiness Extra Stout.

wink
Levilprivateer
I'll give 2000 gold to the first person that can prove they are cooling thier machine with a liquid cooling system loaded with Guiness Extra Stout.

wink

I think it would be possible, seeing as it contains some alcohol. But it would proberly get stuck after some time of use.
Levilprivateer

wink

Make that 2000kg of gold, and you have a deal.

-O
Most liquid cooling systems I come across don't use water. Ethylene Glycol is the coolant of choice. I have seen someone use vodka though.
seein how vodka doesnt freeze that would propably be a good coolant;/ keep it going threw a cooling system like a fflash freezer and the vodka will always be damn cold without freezing
I can't honestly say thats just brilliant from apple, it's not shabby but :\
Kiretsu
Applejuice. 3nodding

Perhaps it would work, but I think I would add some vodka to it.
You can buy special coolant for, pink stuff, doesn't condict electricity.

Useful.
Levilprivateer

wink

Ewww.. warm beer.
Twistex
Levilprivateer

wink

Ewww.. warm beer.

Don't knock the half and half, man. wink

Seriously, though... If you had a keg of Guiness, you could run your cooling mechanism and drink the warm byproduct on occasion too!

It would get a bit expensive, though. If you're not into warm beer, substitute something else! If you're going for style though, ya gotta go for one of the quality beers.

Alternately, you could always run a pirate computer with rum and diet coke. Why diet? Sugar gets sticky and would gum up the works, possibly.
Levilprivateer
Twistex
Levilprivateer

wink

Ewww.. warm beer.

Don't knock the half and half, man. wink

Seriously, though... If you had a keg of Guiness, you could run your cooling mechanism and drink the warm byproduct on occasion too!

It would get a bit expensive, though. If you're not into warm beer, substitute something else! If you're going for style though, ya gotta go for one of the quality beers.

Alternately, you could always run a pirate computer with rum and diet coke. Why diet? Sugar gets sticky and would gum up the works, possibly.

Hmm.. good point. Or go really hard core and use everclear. Makes you wonder what the flashpoint of everclear is, though. Don't want liquid fire running threough your cpu cooler. smile

Mind you, if I was to sue a beer, I'd go cheap and use pabst blue ribbon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff