Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just noticed a very strange motherboard that ECS showed at CEBIT, it can use both CPU's by the way of an add in card. Performance seems to be good too.

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews/review.php?dXJsX3Jldmlld19JRD0xMDM2
Well, I hope they have it stable enough with large amounts of Ram and other hardware or else it'll be a flop. Also.. I'd be worried about my heatsink falling off on the S939 slot. Plus, I don't like SiS anymore... I've had bad experiences with speed on many of them.....
Sargentwhitey
Well, I hope they have it stable enough with large amounts of Ram and other hardware or else it'll be a flop. Also.. I'd be worried about my heatsink falling off on the S939 slot. Plus, I don't like SiS anymore... I've had bad experiences with speed on many of them.....

The 3dmark03 scores they show are about right for the hardware they used, so performance seems decent.
But you can't use both processors at one time. I would be worried about putting a copper heatsink with heatpipe on to the CPU because it might break the board. Although I like the design. I wouldn't get one as you can use both CPUs and the strength of the board looks a little too flimsy to support heavy heatsinks.
Read that article. Not only can you not use both at the same time, but you need to change a few jumpers to switch between them, which inherently means a restart. The board's only real advantage is giving you the option of picking and choosing between P4s and Athlon64s without having to buy and switchout another motherboard.
NeoPariah
Read that article. Not only can you not use both at the same time, but you need to change a few jumpers to switch between them, which inherently means a restart. The board's only real advantage is giving you the option of picking and choosing between P4s and Athlon64s without having to buy and switchout another motherboard.

That's the main advantage of this motherboard. If you have 2 CPUs in this and a special switch you could continue use of the PC if one processor fails..... But it's only a idea......
Interesting....thanks for posting
Crosus
Interesting....thanks for posting

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items