Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sorry if you take offense to such a label, but I come upon it honestly.

Anyway, this isnt a thread for whining about it and it isn't a thread that should be in Questions and Feedback, im curious as to how different groups of people react to such a different.

Im theorizing that the computer-geek population will not like it. I don't like it.

What about you?
I just got back from a trip to find this new layout and i'm still overloaded by it...... whoa... trippy.
This new layout has a few quirks that are starting to annoy me, like no link to the forum at the bottom of the page of a thread.
First of all .... you've double posted ....

And no i don't like it ... it's unfunctionnal .... it might look nice but it's highly unfunctionnal (except the profile page update). I don't know in what resolution it was designed but it wasn't for 1024*768 and the mozilla type browser support is worse than ever.
The main thing that bothers me is the layout of the Forum Index. Im a messageboard fiend and I dont like this crap not being very messageboard like..
Just because you're a geek doesn't mean you can't be artsy. wink I love the purple look, but the layout needs to be more consistent before I'll like it.

It's so radically different that it will take some getting used to. 3nodding
Wo[F

And no i don't like it ... it's unfunctionnal .... it might look nice but it's highly unfunctionnal (except the profile page update). I don't know in what resolution it was designed but it wasn't for 1024*768 and the mozilla type browser support is worse than ever.

I have to disagree. domokun The pages look exactly the same in Mozilla and IE. All that really happened to the navigation was that the extraneous buttons(the stupid store button, for example) were removed and that the top navigation was moved closer to the middle. There could be more functionality added, but it's no worse than the original.

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I ldon't know yet, looks don't matter to me as much as it's function, which it is lacking.

Where is my favorite button to mark all threads read?

Newbie Noob

Faults:

Many Icons are meaningless: It's ok to use Icons, but some icons are a bit ecentric to gaian users. Colors are too light and confuse the icons a bit for the forums. The "www.gaiaonline.com" replaces the "home" button on the old layout. There's no way to figure that out except by accident.

Buttons moved for no good reason: Some of the functional parts of the site have been moved. If you move a functional part of a site, you should at least have an excuse for it. People navagate by location. Moving the location is a bad thingâ„¢ unless you can justify it by making it easier on the user.

Most of the moves have not do so.
Kitsuta
Wo[F

I have to disagree. domokun The pages look exactly the same in Mozilla and IE. All that really happened to the navigation was that the extraneous buttons(the stupid store button, for example) were removed and that the top navigation was moved closer to the middle. There could be more functionality added, but it's no worse than the original.

Exactly the same ? Their is a glitch as i'm writing this ... the Memberlist\ search bar background as the same lenght as the page ... and that's only one of many ... you didn't compare really hard didn't you ? wink
Wo[F
Exactly the same ? Their is a glitch as i'm writing this ... the Memberlist\ search bar background as the same lenght as the page ... and that's only one of many ... you didn't compare really hard didn't you ? wink

Nope! domokun
Grr, there's no "go back to the topic list you just came from" at the bottom of the page. How am I supposed to lurk without it? All in all, the new layout is too heavy on graphics, and all of the links have moved. I don't like it.
I don't really see a lot of bad things with the new layout, except some minor things here and there. But it's still not perfect.

I like trying to figure out how certain things work. biggrin
Ugh. A lot of the pages just make me barf now. The Gaia Forums image in the top left for example, is so damned messed up it hurts.

The clip art. I'm going to keep saying this, but the new forum index page is absolute crap. I hate it with every fiber of my being.

The new button layout also sucks. The return to forum page is missing from the bottom, which is just stupid. Where are you going to be when you finish reading a thread and want to go back? The bottom.

A lot of pages now misrender in Gecko and Safari, namely the reply page which is all squished over to the side, and a ton of other things. All of the smoothness, soft colors, and general slick layout of the old page is gone, and we have this monstrosity.

Lanzer, you fail at website design.
grr, the pages are messed up for me. See my pict:
User Image
yea, that's not what it's supposed to look like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff