Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stubborn Nymph

14,975 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Mark Twain 100
So, I just redownloaded GIMP onto my laptop. I moved from windows 7 to windows 8, which is one thing. But the problem is, now all of my tools and brushes, everything in the toolboxes, they're too small. The font sizes of everything, as well, are too small. I don't know how to fix it, especially since changing the size of the toolboxes themselves does nothing.

Besides that, my brushes are coming out all pixelated. It doesn't matter how large or small I make them, the edges are always fuzzy when I try to use them. I don't know what happened, I just want it to go back to normal.
What build are you using and have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program?

If you migrated from windows 7 to 8 using the 'upgrade' feature then it may be corrupted somehow and just needs to be reinstalled to fix it.

Stubborn Nymph

14,975 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Mark Twain 100
GlaDos Badass
What build are you using and have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program?

If you migrated from windows 7 to 8 using the 'upgrade' feature then it may be corrupted somehow and just needs to be reinstalled to fix it.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice already. All I did was take my laptop and downloaded it. I didn't move it from anything. It's gimp 2.8
Did you try using compatibility mode?

Stubborn Nymph

14,975 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Mark Twain 100
GlaDos Badass
Did you try using compatibility mode?

I don't even know what that is. I found a script that I've been using. it didn't fix the fact that my windows keep disappearing but now I at least know which filter I'm using.
when you go to click on the icon to start the program right click, go down to 'troubleshoot compatibility' and run it in windows 7 mode. I don't have windows 8 so it might be a little different.

A quick page is here and appears to be slightly different from what I said.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

I also suggest you try running it in administrator mode which is also listed on that page.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff