Devoted Member

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Friendly 100
psychic stalker
xXII Lord Solrac IIXx
And about assets, I'm not looking for models, I do intend to make those myself, also music and maps. I was aiming for kits, alike allowing the dev to make maps easily by tile based or so, also allowing to make active battles easy (haven't found it yet) and even the party control or so ^^" Those kinds of things. Things that make things a bit easier for the developer.
Oh, those are very engine-specific features.

For example, tile-based editing of level maps is something unique to engines like the Aurora Engine underlying Bioware's NeverWinter Nights. The Aurora toolkit also has detailed D&D-based character and battle creation tools, to support the highly-specific D20 tabletop RPG system.

Other engines, like CryEngine, use a voxel-based terrain engine, as opposed to heightmaps or tiles, which requires a different approach to designing levels.

So, yeah, that might be a big deal for you. If you want tile-based level editing, you'll have to figure out how to add that feature to Unity yourself, because I don't think many other people have actually wanted that feature badly enough. (I know it can be done.)

Battle systems, on the other hand, are purely scripted behavior. In Unity, you'll write that behavior in any of the Mono-supported languages (including C#) or JavaScript or UnityScript.

(And no, CryEngine doesn't use C#, I don't think. It's almost assuredly written entirely in C++, but it has Lua, apparently, do you'd implement battle systems and so forth with that.)

I am not really that into Tile Based, although depending on the game type it's really really handy~! And You can still do a lot with it (to me, it feels like drawing sort of)

Active Battle System If i have to make it myself, I'll obviously give it my best shot. But I have no knowlage of C, JavaScript nor UnityScript, therefore It might take time. (I wonder if it would support Ruby or Lua... O.O Maybe even Python...?)

Things the game include

Blizz-ABS (Active Battle System) & Custom HUD (Can also make this myself)
Caterpillar & Summons/Pets (Although, I never saw this worth, at least the pets, but summons are few)
Custom Menu (I know I can change this and make it myself)
Party Change System (Change Party order and Party Memebers)