Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well I think my build is almost complete. Just need help choosing a power supply and a motherboard.
Also I'm trying to figure out how I can get this build to go wireless.
If anyone has that information I would love to hear. Thank you so much ^___^/

[Gaming/Designing/Photography Build]
in terms of motherboard, do you ever plan on adding more RAM or overclocking? those are some questions you might want to think about for motherboards simply because of ram slots and cooling on the north bridge and etc on the motherboard if you plan on overclocking =)
This ASRock motherboard would be my recommendation. It's one of the less expensive Z77 chipset options which gives you virtually all 1155 platform features including overclocking. On that note, it also has heatsinks (albeit simple ones) on the VRMs which will assist in any overclocking endeavours. It being a MicroATX also allows for more compact chassis options (should you so choose) or for more flexibility when re-using or re-purposing parts down the road.

As for wireless, I'd recommend going next-gen so to speak. The next iteration of WiFi is 802.11ac which will offer much better performance over 802.11n. Wireless in general is not preferred when it comes to gaming or any latency sensitive scenario, but if you have to get wireless you might as well get the best you can. Of course you'll probably want to replace your router as well so you can take full advantage of the 802.11ac spec, but otherwise just planning ahead isn't a bad idea.

When it comes to power supplies just don't cheap out. You won't need a high wattage power supply for this build but you always want a good power supply.

This 450W unit is very high quality and should prove to be very reliable. If you want something slightly higher wattage and modular, then here's a 550W Seasonic. As for a budget option, that would be the defacto standard Corsair.
Minion4Hire
This ASRock motherboard would be my recommendation. It's one of the less expensive Z77 chipset options which gives you virtually all 1155 platform features including overclocking. On that note, it also has heatsinks (albeit simple ones) on the VRMs which will assist in any overclocking endeavours. It being a MicroATX also allows for more compact chassis options (should you so choose) or for more flexibility when re-using or re-purposing parts down the road.

As for wireless, I'd recommend going next-gen so to speak. The next iteration of WiFi is 802.11ac which will offer much better performance over 802.11n. Wireless in general is not preferred when it comes to gaming or any latency sensitive scenario, but if you have to get wireless you might as well get the best you can. Of course you'll probably want to replace your router as well so you can take full advantage of the 802.11ac spec, but otherwise just planning ahead isn't a bad idea.

When it comes to power supplies just don't cheap out. You won't need a high wattage power supply for this build but you always want a good power supply.

This 450W unit is very high quality and should prove to be very reliable. If you want something slightly higher wattage and modular, then here's a 550W Seasonic. As for a budget option, that would be the defacto standard Corsair.

! thanks minion I would have asked you sooner but I thought maybe I put you though enough last time. :3 I actually found the motherboard and power supply. maybe you care to look at it and tell me what you think?

[build]
iinkless
Minion4Hire

! thanks minion I would have asked you sooner but I thought maybe I put you though enough last time. :3 I actually found the motherboard and power supply. maybe you care to look at it and tell me what you think?

[build]
Those are both fine choices. Nothing wrong with a standard ATX board, but I'm big on micro ATX, as well as saving $20. And it's hard to go wrong with Seasonic - that exact unit has been well vetted over time.
Minion4Hire
iinkless
Minion4Hire

[build]
Those are both fine choices. Nothing wrong with a standard ATX board, but I'm big on micro ATX, as well as saving $20. And it's hard to go wrong with Seasonic - that exact unit has been well vetted over time.

So does that mean I have the okay to build my dream computer with these parts? can I finally stop searching? O.O
It can turn into a never ending search otherwise, so yes. Go for it.
Minion4Hire
It can turn into a never ending search otherwise, so yes. Go for it.

wooo wooo woo!! thank you thank you thank you! - hugs -
EVGA, ASUS, ASRock, MSI or Giganyte. Nothing else should be used. As for a PSU, there are a few. Corsair, Cooler Master, Antec and others, but make sure that it has an 80 plus rating. Bronze at least.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
God Emperor Akhenaton
EVGA, ASUS, ASRock, MSI or Giganyte. Nothing else should be used. As for a PSU, there are a few. Corsair, Cooler Master, Antec and others, but make sure that it has an 80 plus rating. Bronze at least.

Why should nothing else be used?
Sonic Offline
God Emperor Akhenaton

Foxconn used a Motherboard that broke on 2 of my customers and had a third that came DOA. I do not know enough about Biostar though one was DOA as well. The rest I am unsure about and therefore I wouldn't recommend.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

God Emperor Akhenaton
Sonic Offline
God Emperor Akhenaton

Foxconn used a Motherboard that broke on 2 of my customers and had a third that came DOA. I do not know enough about Biostar though one was DOA as well. The rest I am unsure about and therefore I wouldn't recommend.

No, really...just stop. Your anecdotal evidence should never be used in the manner you are using.

You could say something like,
"I've used EVGA, ASUS, ASRock, MSI, and Gigabyte. They were pretty solid and I recommend those. Anything else I don't have much experience with so I can't say anything about them."

If they ask about something you don't have personal experience with...Go research it! Look it up, read about it, analyze the information you find...then when you have done that, determine if it will work for what the requirements are. If it the information and reviews reveal that it meets or exceeds listed requirements...recommend it based off your research. If it meets most of the requirements but there is something special that needs considered to meet some of the requirements...use your judgement, oftentimes if any special considerations need to be made, the requirement wasn't exactly necessary.

If you can't act like a ******** adult, then stop posting here. These people are coming to us with computer problems and we are helping them fix them...but you are coming in with either border line malicious advice or downright stupidity. Either way, you are running the risk of seriously ******** up someone's computer.
Saruwatari Kooji
God Emperor Akhenaton
Sonic Offline
God Emperor Akhenaton

No, really...just stop. Your anecdotal evidence should never be used in the manner you are using.

You could say something like,
"I've used EVGA, ASUS, ASRock, MSI, and Gigabyte. They were pretty solid and I recommend those. Anything else I don't have much experience with so I can't say anything about them."

If they ask about something you don't have personal experience with...Go research it! Look it up, read about it, analyze the information you find...then when you have done that, determine if it will work for what the requirements are. If it the information and reviews reveal that it meets or exceeds listed requirements...recommend it based off your research. If it meets most of the requirements but there is something special that needs considered to meet some of the requirements...use your judgement, oftentimes if any special considerations need to be made, the requirement wasn't exactly necessary.

If you can't act like a ******** adult, then stop posting here. These people are coming to us with computer problems and we are helping them fix them...but you are coming in with either border line malicious advice or downright stupidity. Either way, you are running the risk of seriously ******** up someone's computer.

When something fails on me 3 times, then the anecdotal evidence is more than sufficient. I know about motherboards, what works and what is crap. Oh right. I forgot. You are the god of ******** everything aren't you? You know everything even though you only work on one kind of computer while you got a certification that I have which says ******** all in terms of repair. If you don't stop replying to my posts, then I will start replying to yours. Leave it at that or else.
God Emperor Akhenaton
When something fails on me 3 times, then the anecdotal evidence is more than sufficient. I know about motherboards, what works and what is crap. Oh right. I forgot. You are the god of ******** everything aren't you? You know everything even though you only work on one kind of computer while you got a certification that I have which says ******** all in terms of repair. If you don't stop replying to my posts, then I will start replying to yours. Leave it at that or else.
This is getting old.

You do not know everything.

None of us knows everything.

I would strongly suggest you also stop acting like a ******** know-it-all, because you've demonstrated that you actually know very little. You've demonstrated that you know precious little about the hardware you disparage or recommend, that you rely on your narrow experiences to make sweeping industry-wide judgments, and that you rely on your "credentials," such as they are, to "prove" you're oh-so-special and that you "know" what you're talking about.

You need to step back and realize that you are not special. You too-often don't know what you're talking about. Your brief career and certifications as a computer repair tech do not entitle you to act like a jackass, nor do they entitle you to claim superior knowledge. Being a repair tech does not make you an "expert" of any kind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff