Welcome to Gaia! ::

My sister keeps loading programs on it! scream
I had to wait an hour to load the Sims on my computer. 1 HOUR!!!
Do you have alot of things running on startup these might be taking alot of the systems resources up. you can check on "MSconfig"

however if you know for a fact that it is your sister then why don't you simply disable mutipule user logins so only one person can be logged in at a time?
As DarkPhantom said. Make 2 accounts. Make your the administrative, and hers the 'simple' user account. So she can't mess up.

And put a password on yours. So you will have a dual user system thing at start-up.
Well, my dad won't let me put a password up. And my sister is only 5, so she doesn't understand that stuff yet.
people under 12 shouldnt use computers, they dont know how to use them properly
Nameless_FaceEater

and people over 12 can?
usualy not but id expect a 12year old to know that clickies popups is bad, and use some commond seance, ill rephrase my computer

you shouldnt use a computer if you cant program a vcr, if you can program a vcr your inteligent enough to learn how to use a computer
Damn, I'm not intelligent enough to use a computer...oh well..
Nameless_FaceEater

And how are they supposed to ever know how to use them properly if they're not allowed to use them Einstein? My younger brother was kicking my a** playing UT when he was only 7, it's not a matter of how old you are, it's a matter of intrest and experience.
Nameless_FaceEater

I disagree... I could use DOS at the age of three... sweatdrop
Shugojin
Nameless_FaceEater

I doubt you could really use DOS, (depending on how much "use" means to you ofcourse), however you're making a valid point.
TheUnknownFactor
Shugojin
Nameless_FaceEater

I doubt you could really use DOS, (depending on how much "use" means to you ofcourse), however you're making a valid point.

Well yes, only in a very basic sense... But the fact remains, I was a lot better with DOS at age three than a lot of people are with Windows XP in their twenties.
Shugojin
Well yes, only in a very basic sense... But the fact remains, I was a lot better with DOS at age three than a lot of people are with Windows XP in their twenties.

That is because as computers get dumbed down to allow anyone to use them, more idiots use them. This then means that there are more problems for users. I know the basics of computers. But just knowing the basics makes me one of the most sort after puter helping out guys in my town. I still have lots to learn, but I know more then most I meet. If I slapped Windows 2000 in front of my mum, she'd be stuck just trying to log in. If I had Windows XP setup the same way (text based login) she'd just be as stumped. As Windows XP allows the user to click to login she can use it. Because of which she can use Linux as I use the same click based login. But if any icons get moved she will be stuck again.
People do not want to learn how computers work. They just want them to work. As the world is getting lazy, computers have to do more. But this just means more things to go wrong, then people like me spend all weeked fixing the damage done xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff