Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
http://www.mozilla.org/seamonkey-transition.html

That appears to be the end for Mozilla as a web browser.

I was never a fan of large applications like Netscape and Mozilla in the first place. Having too many functions and features all bundled into one app was meaningless to me since I was using smaller and better stand alone software to do the same jobs already.

The up side is that Firefox and Thunderbird (and hopefully Camino) now have the full attention of all of Mozilla's developers.
Oh No! gonk
There is always community support. There are people out there who are interested in working on it. It just won't be getting the same attention straight from the Mozilla foundation itself.

Fashionable Prophet

13,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Voter 100
I think the Mozilla group sees the demand for stand alone software like Firefox as being the best investment of their time and resources. I started off with Netscape 4.7 way back when. I never made use of anything other than the web browser.

I think a lot of people never made use of the functions built into Netscape or Mozilla. I won't miss the bloated downloads one bit.

And I hope we'll be seeing faster development cycles of Firefox and Camino as a result of this move.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff