Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Gaian

This is slowly turning into a convoluted nightmare...

So this is the second motherboard that I have gotten for my computer build...totally different brand too. Everything powers on...but the motherboard refuses to post...unlike the first motherboard which kicked the bucket...

Turns out, according to the folks at Asus...the motherboard doesn't have the correct Bios. In order to put the correct one on, we need to get the computer to turn on and post to flash the new on on...that requires a spare AM3 CPU laying around, which there are non here where I live at all of the computer shops...why can't things work like they should right out of the box D:
Never heard of something like this happening with Intel chipsets. And Asus are very reliable. Is this perhaps an AMD issue?
Aven Donn
Never heard of something like this happening with Intel chipsets. And Asus are very reliable. Is this perhaps an AMD issue?
Considering AM3 is AMDs current socket ...

Malevolent Gaian

The20
Aven Donn
Considering AM3 is AMDs current socket ...

Yeah...need an AM3 socket CPU to jump the motherboard which is AM3+...the chipset it's refusing to post with is FX series...one of the new eight-core chips. Went poking around on google and found that I'm not the only person that has had this issue crop up.
Might seem really, really stupid, but I've seen a few people do this...

Is it possible your RAM sticks aren't in the right slots? Assuming you're not using all of your slots, that is... If you have a blue pair and a black pair, fill the blue ones before the black ones... If not, try out the 1/3 and the 2/4 pairs...

Again, might seem really, really stupid, but I've seen it happen on Asus motherboards.

Malevolent Gaian

l_Shamrock_l
Might seem really, really stupid, but Ive seen a few people do this...

Is it possible your RAM sticks arent in the right slots? Assuming youre not using all of your slots, that is... If you have a blue pair and a black pair, fill the blue ones before the black ones... If not, try out the 1/3 and the 2/4 pairs...

Again, might seem really, really stupid, but Ive seen it happen on Asus motherboards.

All of my RAM slots are full. Read up about this issue. Im not the first person to have this issue with this motherboard and the CPU that I have selected.

Malevolent Gaian

User Image

Here is the beautiful -cough- little number I have bought to try and remedy my issue. Let's see if this little single-core processor can boot the motherboard into BIOS and get this computer up and running once and for all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff