Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Hello Tech-nerds! I've been looking at Gaming Monitors for the past month and I know what I want, but I cannot seem to figure out what is best to buy! I've been stuck in choice between the Asus VG278HE and the Dell Optx AW2310.

Monitors I've decided against:
BenQ XL2420T
Samsung 750D (Displayport issues, researched extensively)
Samsung 950D (Product discontinued D: )
iiyama monitors- had problems with them.

I'm not adverse to 24" display but I do like the 27" more, I'm just confused. I live in the UK, I'm willing to spend £400- £430, and it must be a gaming 120hz if you're thinking of making alternate suggestions! I've looked into the 60hz vs 120hz debate so please can you not bring it in to this thread? I'm just looking for opinions on brands. Thank you.
There are two monitors which I can recommend and they're both from a UK site which I use and recommend to all UK peoples. The Dell looks craptastic but in reality it's awesome including the Iiyama. You'll also find that you can't notice anything above 80Hz since we humans aren't built that way. (Well I'm not).

This one is an Iiyama from Scan
This a Dell LCD from Scan

Magnetic Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Marsh_Captain
There are two monitors which I can recommend and they're both from a UK site which I use and recommend to all UK peoples. The Dell looks craptastic but in reality it's awesome including the Iiyama. You'll also find that you can't notice anything above 80Hz since we humans aren't built that way. (Well I'm not).

Hi, thanks for the reply. It's not about recognising anything above 80hz, its the relationship between GPU and Monitor. If your graphics card is pumping more frame-rates than your monitor can handle, it causes screen tearing. You can enable Vsync but it slows down the card.

Thanks for trying.
Saiyajin-Neko
Marsh_Captain

Hi, thanks for the reply. It's not about recognising anything above 80hz, its the relationship between GPU and Monitor. If your graphics card is pumping more frame-rates than your monitor can handle, it causes screen tearing. You can enable Vsync but it slows down the card.

Thanks for trying.

My monitor handles beefy graphics fine and it's only 60Hz. I would look in to response time more than Hertz. My monitor is 60Hz but it only has 4ms response and I can see ghost images when things get hectic in games which is annoying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff