Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's bad enough that the antimalware sticky hasn't been updated in more than three years despite a consistent barrage of requests. Adding to that, as technicians willing to give up our free time to help users fix their computer problems for free, we're forced to deal with attitude, misinformation, and forum rule digressions; stuff that the mods should be addressing themselves but refuse to.

Now the mods want to remind us that telling new users that their post is in the wrong section is a reprehensible or bannible offense? It's become more than obvious to me that the site mods and admins really don't give a s**t about the time we spend helping their users. They'd sooner place heavier restrictions on us than try to make our work any easier. That's a huge load of bullocks being they'd be losing possible ad revenue to users with infected computers. We're doing the site a favor and if thanks aren't in order, the least the mods could do is stay the ******** out of our way.

I'm done. I'm assing-out just like Rydian did. The only reason I log onto Gaia is to challenge myself with odd-ball technical issues and keep my skills sharp. I don't need thanks or praise, but I'm not masochistic either. This isn't a rally to get other people to quit; do what you want. I've spent a little more than five years around here, and the state of C&T and it's community keeps degrading year-by-year. I'm just sick of butting heads with the site mods over piddly bull s**t and I've hit a personal barrier. Gaia just isn't fun or entertaining to me anymore.

If I don't get banned for this post, I'm leaving my profile up and I'll check back in once or twice a year to see if things improve. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss a lot of friends and regulars around here, but there are hundreds of other technical assistance forums on the net and if I can fit in around here, fitting in elsewhere won't be a problem.

Later, taters.

-Grim

P.S. If anybody wants to keep in touch, grimfusion isn't just my username on Gaia. *hint, hint*

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
GrimFusion
It's bad enough that the antimalware sticky hasn't been updated in more than three years despite a consistent barrage of requests. Adding to that, as technicians willing to give up our free time to help users fix their computer problems for free, we're forced to deal with attitude, misinformation, and forum rule digressions; stuff that the mods should be addressing themselves but refuse to.

Now the mods want to remind us that telling new users that their post is in the wrong section is a reprehensible or bannible offense? It's become more than obvious to me that the site mods and admins really don't give a s**t about the time we spend helping their users. They'd sooner place heavier restrictions on us than try to make our work any easier. That's a huge load of bullocks being they'd be losing possible ad revenue to users with infected computers. We're doing the site a favor and if thanks aren't in order, the least the mods could do is stay the ******** out of our way.

I'm done. I'm assing-out just like Rydian did. The only reason I log onto Gaia is to challenge myself with odd-ball technical issues and keep my skills sharp. I don't need thanks or praise, but I'm not masochistic either. This isn't a rally to get other people to quit; do what you want. I've spent a little more than five years around here, and the state of C&T and it's community keeps degrading year-by-year. I'm just sick of butting heads with the site mods over piddly bull s**t and I've hit a personal barrier. Gaia just isn't fun or entertaining to me anymore.

If I don't get banned for this post, I'm leaving my profile up and I'll check back in once or twice a year to see if things improve. Unfortunately, I'm going to miss a lot of friends and regulars around here, but there are hundreds of other technical assistance forums on the net and if I can fit in around here, fitting in elsewhere won't be a problem.

Later, taters.

-Grim

P.S. If anybody wants to keep in touch, grimfusion isn't just my username on Gaia. *hint, hint*

I know the feeling. I just made a thread and some person obviously didn't read the first post fully and suggest something that is 1.browser specific (problem lies elsewhere and that was mentioned in the original post) and 2.doesn't work on formatting, which again was seriously hinted at with the words "text is emboldened".
Oh yeay another leaver....
Well this sucks, see ya I guess.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (GNU/Linux)

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJPo2W6AAoJEMco5sYyM+0w3W0IAKf3q+B+v6L383W91oqn6a2D
ycDakctR3Oi+cxVuSkHhX4HznXNFDWXFWWCTr1A1bxUYBrua2CyZNRCSUbGNfYLH
tIfZoytHxHEgHwOUGP2oqUK1cJuQATdoQUBKip+bsqPXsxToI0yZOYf0CQFn5ZqE
tB27j3HS9L+NjRoL/2MiiyYmUGWiMDacj75gf2O9tXrgU8YaXcuwPjvjJ8WIt3UB
niaS/9nyd19o00HVfdSvQZ+b+aUwU2o7BF9O6NXg4LAwytrY9P5T4Es3Y0ak94WB
jqKjsfGkmCZbAe2jtS2s5s8vt9JAqSL5Y8l2oaAzbRs6OY7bGlF0WTkSPRcoeXU=
=Uk5R
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
No! If we keep loosing people that fast by that time next year the CT will be populated entirely by idiots, imposers and geeksquad rejects. Well, maybe in two years.

This is the end ...
Sorry to see you go man.....

Guess I've been slacking, I"ll update the antimalware guide this weekend, and see if I can make an obnoxious "CLICK HERE TO FIX IT" button for the overly-blind users.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff