Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elder

Okay. I want to do a music video sort of thing about Macs. =3

http://clik.to/amv for my previous music video editing stuffs if you want to see.

Anyway.
Here's what I need.

- A picture of a Mac Version of Norton Utilities. (the box)
- Said Norton Utilities running.
- Then with some type of an error.
- If you could record the "swooshing" window thing opening or closing. (preferrably some type of editing program like Photoshop, iMovie, or Premiere or FCP)
- A screenshot of the force quit dialog box on the screen. (Preferrably with some type of movie or Image editing software running)
- The Black screen of death.
- A recording of the update manager jumping up and down
- a screenshot of the error about a program "unexpectedly shutting down".
- screenshot of the error about "Warning: force quitting this file may cause the system to lock up"
- Screenshot of the DocMenu on the screen.

Don't ask why.
xD

Please get these to me as soon as possible. It'd be a great help!
Yes... I dont like the sound of that.

What your asking is relativelly impossible. Do you know how long it would take to get all those error messeages on my Mac? I dont think I've even ever gotten that many on my combined Mac's entire life span. I can get you some messages that say: "This program has unexpectedly quite, your system has not been effected."

I get those every once in a while on my 4 year old G4. But nothing else. Oh, and the black screen of death is a myth. At least, now it is, It was never even a problem on OS 9, and OS X? lol, your funny.

Last but not least: "Warning: force quitting this file may cause the system to lock up."

Have fun finding this. LMAO. Its an old anti-Mac quote. Most PC crusaders have trouble finding things to point out that is Bad about Macs, so everyone used to use this error message. Of course, OS X has been out for... oh, how many years? But people still use it. Oh well, what do you do.

Making a movie that bashes Macs is quite old, I'd pick a different topic.
WhiteSavage

What your asking is relativelly impossible. Do you know how long it would take to get all those error messeages on my Mac? I dont think I've even ever gotten that many on my combined Mac's entire life span. I can get you some messages that say: "This program has unexpectedly quite, your system has not been effected."

I get those every once in a while on my 4 year old G4. But nothing else. Oh, and the black screen of death is a myth. At least, now it is, It was never even a problem on OS 9, and OS X? lol, your funny.

Last but not least: "Warning: force quitting this file may cause the system to lock up."

Have fun finding this. LMAO. Its an old anti-Mac quote. Most PC crusaders have trouble finding things to point out that is Bad about Macs, so everyone used to use this error message. Of course, OS X has been out for... oh, how many years? But people still use it. Oh well, what do you do.

[Q] isn't going to make a mac bashing video, he is good people.

Elder

Yes. I love macs.
The only problem is, I only use them at school, and although I could get most of the error messages, there's no way to transfer them from school to my home PC.

Aside from the Norton thing, I've expierenced all those Errors on an OSX Mac.
So don't tell me they don't exist.

As for the black screen of death, It only occurs oh so often, but how the hell would you screen capture it? Bah. >_<

I was hoping intelligent people could manually make the errors come up somehow and screen capture them so I could use them. ><;

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Ahh the smell of the oh so respectable C&T PD doing good things for the community.

There's a few problems with this:

1. Norton ANYTHING is a pile of crap, and anyone dumb enough to buy "protection" for an OS that isn't even targeted deserves the crap they'll get from it.

2. You won't get "- screenshot of the error about "Warning: force quitting this file may cause the system to lock up" on OS X, and insinating it just proves that you're full of it.

Ah yes, uh huh.. the C&T PD should be disbanded, full of uninformed n00bs like safe_mode there wink
WWLink
Ahh the smell of the oh so respectable C&T PD doing good things for the community.

There's a few problems with this:

1. Norton ANYTHING is a pile of crap, and anyone dumb enough to buy "protection" for an OS that isn't even targeted deserves the crap they'll get from it.

2. You won't get "- screenshot of the error about "Warning: force quitting this file may cause the system to lock up" on OS X, and insinating it just proves that you're full of it.

Ah yes, uh huh.. the C&T PD should be disbanded, full of uninformed n00bs like safe_mode there wink

If you wish to file a complaint, please, file it through the correct channels.
[Q]
Yes. I love macs.
I've expierenced all those Errors on an OSX Mac.
So don't tell me they don't exist.

lol, are you using OS 8.6 or something? The black screen of death is irrelevent in the age of OS X, I'm a Mac techy, i fix people's hardware problems, I'm a writer for an all-Mac website. 1 of my close friends owns a company that does nothing but solve your issues, fix your problems, all on your Mac. Chances are, I'd have heard of it.
s4f3 m0d3
WhiteSavage

He may be a good people, but I somehow doubt he collects Mac errors for fun.
WhiteSavage
s4f3 m0d3
WhiteSavage

maybe he is making a video of PC *and* mac crashes. he can get the PC crashing easily enough wink

*is s4f3 m0d3, back at her first original name wink *
oh and WWlink, no, just no.
WWLink
I don't believe he specified what version of Mac OS he wanted these from wink
Emi Ayanami
WhiteSavage
s4f3 m0d3
WhiteSavage

maybe he is making a video of PC *and* mac crashes. he can get the PC crashing easily enough wink

Perhaps... still kinda fishy to me. Well have fun [Q]. I'd help you but I'll have to wait untill an error message comes up. The actual Error box is deep inside the OS mainframe. In there with all those...

<br> bluh;
<x2><intercept code> 5;
<#thread>
<#poop>
<click 11>

So yeah, I dont think its really possible for the average human to get the error messages up, excpet for the actual errors. And those... well, on a Mac, they just dont happen often. Srry.
WhiteSavage
Emi Ayanami
WhiteSavage
s4f3 m0d3
WhiteSavage

Perhaps... still kinda fishy to me. Well have fun [Q]. I'd help you but I'll have to wait untill an error message comes up. The actual Error box is deep inside the OS mainframe. In there with all those...

<br> bluh;
<x2><intercept code> 5;
<#thread>
<#poop>
<click 11>

So yeah, I dont think its really possible for the average human to get the error messages up, excpet for the actual errors. And those... well, on a Mac, they just dont happen often. Srry.

point
most properly mantained OSes don't have errors
in fact, in all the time i have had my laptop (windows XP pro SP1a) i have never had a single error come up.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
21:28 up 37 days, 19:09, 3 users, load averages: 0.27 0.31 0.30
^ No errors here wink .. though I've gotta kill uptime on wednesday to do testing of something new we bought xd

Elder

OSX. I want the screenshots of OS X.
Yes, I've had all the errors on OS X. When you screw up something, it shows up. And school computers are crappy to begin with, so errors happen a lot.

I did not say, "Hey, tell me about how I'm worng" I asked for SCREENSHOTS and VIDEOS.
I know Norton anything is crap and I know Mac errors don't happen often and I know it sounds like I'm going to go on a "Macs suck" rampage.

But trust me when I say that I love Macs, and really, if you look at that SMALL list of errors, and compare them to the HUGE a** LOAD of Windows Errors, Windows can't compete with Mac.

Also, please stop quoting eachother. You only need to quote the last person who spoke. You guys are stretching out the page with your useless quotes. We're not in Chatterbox.

Lastly, The reason why I asked C&T for these errors, is because I figured since most mac users are smart, they could make the errors happen.
And lack of transferring from school mac to home PC.

So PLEASE stop insulting my intelligence and help me out, post something useful, or move to the chatterbox.

Thank you.
Is this some kind of crazy counter move to that video that I posted in that other topic headed by the mac fanboy person? becasue you know I wasn't serious.

Becasue he mentions every one of those points I would try and email him if your looking for that ^^.

I will try and find it for you. if you like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff