Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Hunter

Alright, so I'm in the market for a new Gaming laptop GASP DEATH EVERYWHERE

Well, not really gaming but, high end, I mean. My budget is up to 1,600 at maximum. I need something that can get work done, as well as game when i want to. I currently have a Toshiba Satellite C855D, all stock, and it just isn't doing it. At all.

I work in a digital art medium, and mainly use Paint Tool SAI. it's pretty lightweight, but, still hard on CPU. Having more than, say, Steam and Join.me open will lag the lines. Even with just those, it's slow. I would like a newer laptop, as I want to be able to stream on something better than Join.me (It's slow and choppy, not the best for art). Also, should I get the money for it, I would love to have Photoshop and Illustrator. Neither of which run smoothly on this machine (Tried free trials).

Of course, I'd love to have one stock with Windows 7. However, Windows 8.1 isn't too bad to me. And of course, the soon-to-come spring rollout of updates will probably fix a lot of what's wrong with it. If I absolutely /had/ to get something with Windows 8.1, I would like for it to be touch, if possible. If not, I can just go out and buy a hard copy of Windows 7.

Things I've already ruled out; Razer Blade / Blade Pro, Anything Alienware

Already considered laptop: Lenovo Y-510p, MacBook Pro

Aged Member

Asus makes amazing gaming laptops.
ASUS G750 $1689

Amazing cooling with dual exhaust in the back

17.3 inch 1080p screen

quad core i7 processor
16gb ddr3 ram
3gb 770m gpu
256gb ssd
1TB hdd

However, with all that said. I would still recommend getting a mac book pro, especially if you are in the digital arts field.

The color reproduction of the screen, and the resolution, plus the operating system is just something you won't get from a windows pc. The mac book pro will also last much longer than any windows pc. I say this because I absolutely hate windows.

Feral Hunter

Eska Is My Waifu
Asus makes amazing gaming laptops.
ASUS G750 $1689

Amazing cooling with dual exhaust in the back

17.3 inch 1080p screen

quad core i7 processor
16gb ddr3 ram
3gb 770m gpu
256gb ssd
1TB hdd

However, with all that said. I would still recommend getting a mac book pro, especially if you are in the digital arts field.

The color reproduction of the screen, and the resolution, plus the operating system is just something you won't get from a windows pc. The mac book pro will also last much longer than any windows pc. I say this because I absolutely hate windows.

Oi you guys are killing me xD
My friend told me to not get an MBPro because the OS isn't worth it, and that that was all it had going for it
But, I did do a little bit of research my self after your post and you're right, it is better. I'll look into it. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff