Welcome to Gaia! ::

As some of you may know, I lost a 100GB HDD yesterday, started giving me the clicks of death in the middle of a network file transfer, that was ironically aimed to retire this drive for archival purposes(as it's over a year old, and hence, unwarrentied). Right, so that kinda sucked... crying
<center>User Image
My lovlies! 2x 100GB HDDs, and a pair of(newer) 120s(before shot).</center>

Anyways, I had intended to move the drive to another machine(with it's bretheren), to retire them into a fileserver, however this would require me to add more drivebays, not a problem, but I like my HDDs running cool, and that little 80mm, I decided wasn't enough, and changed the plan as such(mainly I wanted to move my opticals off of that ATA-100 adaptor, as it was cutting my performance), so that I would now be moving the other motherboard, with it's onboard RAID(and the 40GB Samsung, from which it was, at that time booting), into this box, using my current drive setup, leaving my AIW 9700 pro(shown with a Radeon 9000) in the same case as well...

From my MSI(Athlon 2400+, 1GB RAM):
User Image
To my Gigabyte(P4 2.8, 512 16-bit PC1066 rambus):
User Image
comparison shot

User Image
Alternate shot

This leaves me with running on my 2.8GHz P4 with 512 megs of RDRAM, instead of my Athlon 2400 with a GB, it also leaves me with a nice cabling mess to go with my lovely, lovely, low latency memory.

Tomorrow is putting my Athlon back together and getting that going(with an 80GB drive I have laying around) in anticipation of my new 200GB HDD, which is in the mail...

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Awwwww *pets you consolingly while secretly stealing your images for new fun brush sets* There there..*right click save* hon... it will all get better..*right click save*... domokun heart

At least you managed to save most of your data, and let me put it to you this way, you lost more than my entire computer has and are *still* are operating on more than my computer has! xd heart
Look at it this way. At least the entire computer didn't catch fire in the middle of a network transfer. I've actually had that happen. "What do you mean you didn't put the fan back on!" Old fileserver that didn't have a autoshutdown for dangerous temps.

Ah, that was a good BBQ. Bit too much silicon for my tastes, though.

Dapper Gaian

1,225 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
Xeon Sempai

<center>
My lovlies! 2x 100GB HDDs, and a pair of(newer) 120s(before shot).</center>

Tomorrow is putting my Athlon back together and getting that going(with an 80GB drive I have laying around) in anticipation of my new 200GB HDD, which is in the mail...

All I can say is NICE box smile
Hey, is that the $25 box... from newegg... which has a sort of glossy black plastic on the front?
Too bad, good luck man...
And nice boxyou got there, and its nice to save unused parts, I learned that the hard way...
*hugs the Sisk*

Catch on fire, eek I'm glad not.

I'm not sure which case you're referring to, I didn't see anything like it on newegg.
I don't know. it's quite a touching story, but seriously, those little green army men just made my day.
sweatdrop
/me Ninjas into Xeon's house, steals his computers and ninjas out ninja

Sorry bout the drive man. I'm so jelous of your machines...
Heh, the stickfas are pretty nifty, I took them out to clean them though, pick up dust. sweatdrop

/me locks my doors sweatdrop

So I got my other machine up, and my 200GB HDD installed(though the first time I put it in, I accidently jumper limited the capacity sweatdrop , hey, I was jumpering blind)!
So at the moment, it is running SETI@ home until I get my web stuffs configured, I'll do that sometime I'm not so lazy/busy.

sweatdrop = most used emote ever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces