Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you own an iPod?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on April 5, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

I think these are pretty cool, and might get one. I'm sick of having to carry cds around, and my mp3 player is nearly broken. Then of course I lost all my cds in February, so my discman is kind of pointless. I just want to get an iPod to dump all of my music on it, and some pictures and be off. That would be nice.

For those who don't know what an iPod Photo is, it's an iPod with a full colour screen and can display pictures. There's a 30 GB model and a 60 GB model thus far. Prices are about $500-600 American. Okay, I lie. I can get a brand new 30 gig iPod Photo from Future Shop for about 430 bucks Canadian, plus tax.

Anyways, any thoughts?

Generous Entrepreneur

13,925 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
The iPod Photo is a great choice if you have the money to buy one.

My only real beef with using the iPod as a music player is that you have to load it through the iTunes application. This isn't a real problem since I have a copy and like it a lot. It's just the fact that you have to use it that pisses me off.

The same holds true if you want to load organized photos for the onboard iPod Photo software. Granted you can now buy a USB 2 adapter and swap image files from select digital cameras in the field to an iPod Photo. It would be nice if one could just drag all their files onto the hard drive and use them without the copy protection hassles.

Otherwise, it's a good field tool for playing songs and moving your image files.
iPods are definetly worth it. i have the 20 gb and i use it constantly. its also really handy for use as a temp hard drive. ie, i can load up sum videos or ISOs and take em to a friend's place, via my iPod. plus even for just mp3 use iPod photo has a 6 hour longer battery life. just dont be a retard and buy a iPod mini, cuz then i might hafta beat you.

Star Tycoon

I have 30gb...
what's so wrong about minis???
for an extra $100 you can go from 6gigs to 30 gigs...
nope i have an iriver h10 that's like an ipod photo mini
People buy mini's for a few reasons:
1. size
2. colors
3. They don't need the extra space even if it is only $50 more for 14 Gigs of space.

or
4. they just cant afford the extra little bit of money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff