Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clean Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
So all my friends bought the iPhone 4S thing last year

Now these same people are buying the iPhone 5 even though it's only been a single year since they got the iPhone 4S. Usually you have a 2 year contract that you need to wait out on to avoid spending $700 on a new phone. Did my friends really spend $700 on the new iPhone, or are people allowed to trade in their old iPhone to get the new one cheaper?

I don't feel like asking any of them because they're all fanbois that'll get all defensive about it. Just curious because I'm only able to get a new phone once every 2 years if I feel like it. (still get charged $200 instead of $600+)

Also, I'm sick of paying Sprint $160/mo for 2 phones. Is it possible for me, (once my contract is up) to use the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with someone like Straight Talk where it's half the price per month? I only went with Sprint because 2 years ago Straight Talk had awful quality phones. I'd like to use the phone of my choice with their service...if not I might just buy one of their own smart phones since they now include GPS and stuff I want
sprint phones only work on sprint. Sorry.

Man-Hungry Bunny

10,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I highly doubt your friends would get all defensive if you asked them if they really paid 700$ for their phone upgrades lol.

The only way they would get defensive is if you insulted them for doing it, and if you did, they would have good reason to react that way.

Calling your friends iSheep doesn't exactly make you sound like a great friend. There is such thing as just enjoying a phone without having to make it a competition.
Maikus
I highly doubt your friends would get all defensive if you asked them if they really paid 700$ for their phone upgrades lol.

The only way they would get defensive is if you insulted them for doing it, and if you did, they would have good reason to react that way.

Calling your friends iSheep doesn't exactly make you sound like a great friend. There is such thing as just enjoying a phone without having to make it a competition.
I like how you know their friends better than they do.

@OP: There are ways around the high cost of upgrading. If I look at 16GB black AT&T 4S phones on ebay they tend to sell for $300-350 which while not the price of a new one does defray the cost a fair bit.

As for your sprint phone take a look into boost mobile. They are a prepaid carrier that should let you bring your sprint phone to them.

If you do go with straight talk you can now buy a sim card and then get any AT&T or Tmobile phone and activate it on them.

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
ヽ(;▽;)ノ ·.·´¯`·.· вєωωєн ·.·´¯`·.· ∩( ・ω・)∩

I am getting an iPhone 5 WOOP WOOP~ n_______n
I have never had a cool phone before though so WUUH not a sheep ; A ;.
My boyfriend annoys me though cause he's like blahblah grrr you're gonna have a better phone than me (He has 4S and previously had 3G or w/e it is) and goes on about having to get the iPhone 5. Q_Q His family has money and can afford to do that but I can't so this phone is my 18th birthday treat haha!!!

S'all well and good though, let them do what they want! ^ 0 ^

Friendly Vampire

5,350 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Timid 100
  • Generous 100
I don't get why everyone needs to have the greatest thing... I mean I used my Rooted G1(first andriod phone) till the Samsung Galaxy Came out!

I'm using a windows phone 7 now, I really love it but they are release WP8 now and beh... They're goin' all Apple. I'ma head back to Android, My G1 was running ICS when I got My Galaxy... Ended up Rooting that and Flashing ICS on that too.

I think it's kinda funny when you get a iPhone or WP7 and have to upgrade to get all the new stuff. Or with the right Andriod Phone and Carrier you can just root the phone and Keep Updating it as new stuff comes out!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff