Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have been quite troubled by this question: What version is IE, the highest, and how long is it since it last updated?
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx#EEAA

But the real question is, WHY? gonk
The latest update came with Service Pack 2, and there might have been some patches here and there since it came out.
From what I've heard, Microsoft plans to release major upgrades only when releasing a new OS. That means that, assuming rumors are true, that you'll get your next major upgrade with Longhorn.
Levilprivateer
From what I've heard, Microsoft plans to release major upgrades only when releasing a new OS. That means that, assuming rumors are true, that you'll get your next major upgrade with Longhorn.

BZZT. News today. IE 7 is going into prelim tests this summer.
DopplerZero
Levilprivateer

the last artical I read also stated that it will be fully released with longhorn
grundal
DopplerZero
Levilprivateer

the last artical I read also stated that it will be fully released with longhorn

Your article was wrong. Microsoft today announced the IE7 would be available BEFORE longhorn and would also be available to XP SP2 users.

http://news.com.com/IE+update+to+debut+ahead+of+plans/2100-1032_3-5577263.html?part=rss&tag=5575731&subj=news.1032.20

Quote:
Mike Nash, an executive in Microsoft's security business and technology unit, said in an interview that Microsoft has not determined how or when the final version of IE 7 will ship, but that it is planned ahead of Longhorn.

Ofcourse it's not strange that you had it wrong, everyone, including microsoft, said the same thing before today, so this is just an update on the situation.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff