Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Lover

9,150 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Why is it like that? I just got a used 32GB iPod 4G less than a month ago(because someone stole my iriginal one>_< )why why whyyy
I saw the preview of iOS7 on YouTube, and it kinda looked like something an Android would have? I like it because it looks cleaner, and tHE BACKGROUND CAN MOVE!!!! 4laugh 4laugh sweatdrop

Everyday Cat

Hey there, this forum is for computer help, the subforum is for discussion 3nodding

But on-topic. I'm happy about that decision. I personally don't like the redesign. It's like Apple tried to combine Android and Windows Phone in their secret underground laboratory and ended up with this Frankenstein monstrosity. If they tried pushing that on the 4th Gen, it probably wouldn't run well anyhow (the model's so old now half the new 3D games in the App Store I've tried won't even work well, if at all), and as a result I'd have to buy something else to use for absolutely everything since I don't own a PC.
I never using iPod 4G so sorry can't help you dude neutral
flowerXtears
Why is it like that? I just got a used 32GB iPod 4G less than a month ago(because someone stole my iriginal one>_< )why why whyyy
I saw the preview of iOS7 on YouTube, and it kinda looked like something an Android would have? I like it because it looks cleaner, and tHE BACKGROUND CAN MOVE!!!! 4laugh 4laugh sweatdrop

The iPod Touch 4G only has a single - core processor, and is lower clocked than the iPhone 4, meaning it will probably run very slowly. Also, Apple has a tendency to discontinue devices just for more money.
flowerXtears
Why is it like that?
For two reasons:
  1. Apple has a policy of forced obsolescence. They are deliberately making old devices obsolete in order to encourage all their customers to replace their devices on a regular basis. Preferably every 2 years or so.
  2. iOS 7 has some features that simply won't function as intended on the hardware in the iPod Touch 4G without a complete redesign.

Deal with it.

Noob

It won't but if you think about it, your getting nothing from iOS 7, just a new design.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Pancakered
It won't but if you think about it, your getting nothing from iOS 7, just a new design.
feel free to read the post above yours.

Noob

Sonic Offline
Pancakered

I confused, what?

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Pancakered
Sonic Offline
Pancakered

I confused, what?
THere's a lot more to it than just a UI overhaul.

Noob

Sonic Offline
Pancakered
Sonic Offline
Pancakered

I confused, what?

I know but nothing significant. I mean yes you can swipe left rather than pressing done. But nothing that's gonna change. Mainly when Apple releases an iOS it's mainly a new design. And then, automatic updates, maybe a iCloud change. But nothing that's gonna make a huge difference on everyday use.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Pancakered
Sonic Offline
Pancakered
Sonic Offline
Pancakered

I confused, what?

I know but nothing significant. I mean yes you can swipe left rather than pressing done. But nothing that's gonna change. Mainly when Apple releases an iOS it's mainly a new design. And then, automatic updates, maybe a iCloud change. But nothing that's gonna make a huge difference on everyday use.
Except for a massive battery life increase, or background app updates (not automatic updates from the app store), or Activation Lock...

Noob

Sonic Offline
Except for a massive battery life increase, or background app updates (not automatic updates from the app store), or Activation Lock...

wait no i heard of instead of the appstore having that red 1,or 2, etc. it'll just automatically update your apps unless thats the same thing.
Apple claims to always improve battery life, when truly what will it give you 10mins more?

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Pancakered
Sonic Offline

wait no i heard of instead of the appstore having that red 1,or 2, etc. it'll just automatically update your apps unless thats the same thing.
Apple claims to always improve battery life, when truly what will it give you 10mins more?
It does update the apps in the background like you're describing. It also allows background apps to connect to the internet around the same time every day (these times it will determine based off around when you use the app most often, and will record multiple times a day per app) so the content they display will be updated when you open it, not update after you open it, making you wait a few seconds.

Noob

Sonic Offline
Pancakered
Sonic Offline

It does update the apps in the background like you're describing. It also allows background apps to connect to the internet around the same time every day (these times it will determine based off around when you use the app most often, and will record multiple times a day per app) so the content they display will be updated when you open it, not update after you open it, making you wait a few seconds.

oh okay, I get it
i mean its cool, i would update it if i have an iPod 5 but no reason to get an iPod 5 if im fine without one now.

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
Pancakered
Sonic Offline
Pancakered
Sonic Offline

oh okay, I get it
i mean its cool, i would update it if i have an iPod 5 but no reason to get an iPod 5 if im fine without one now.
Depending on your budget, Activation Lock might make it worthwhile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff