Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sitwon
Do you actually work at Trader Joe's or do you just wear the t-shirt?

I work for google, i posted a thread about where i talked about where I worked... Its just a shirt I had...
It has flowers on it...

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Nvidia FranBunny GT
Sitwon

I work for google, i posted a thread about where i talked about where I worked... Its just a shirt I had...
It has flowers on it...
I've had you on ignore for over a year now... and I'm probably going to go back to ignoring you now. The shirt momentarily caught my interest.
Sitwon
Nvidia FranBunny GT
Why alienware?
Sitwon
Nvidia FranBunny GT
Sitwon

It has flowers on it...
I've had you on ignore for over a year now... and I'm probably going to go back to ignoring you now. The shirt momentarily caught my interest.
rofl

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
nyse listed nyx
Why alienware?

She's an Alienware fangurl who thinks all other computers are useless and should be destroyed. She's been banned several times for recommending Alienware when it would be overkill for the user's requirements, sort of like recommending a Ferrari Testa Rossa or a Bughatti Veyron when all the person needs is a little run-around to get to the shops once a week.
Lanackse-Kanvae
nyse listed nyx
Why alienware?

She's an Alienware fangurl who thinks all other computers are useless and should be destroyed. She's been banned several times for recommending Alienware when it would be overkill for the user's requirements, sort of like recommending a Ferrari Testa Rossa or a Bughatti Veyron when all the person needs is a little run-around to get to the shops once a week.

Do you ever stop lying? You should probably learn to stop telling fairytales.

Anwyays I got alienware because its the only system that fit all my criteria

Long batterylife, 15inches or below, Purple backlit keyboard, 600series GPU, ivybridge CPU, Portable size, 750GB HDD 900p screen, and it also had the option to be colored in red+my name is engraved on the bottom.
And alienware gave me a ******** of discounts for buying it. I got 100$ off+free 2day shipping+Military Discount+loyalprogram gift card(57$)
In the end I spent 200$less than the price expected.
Nvidia FranBunny GT
Lanackse-Kanvae
nyse listed nyx
Why alienware?

Long batterylife, 15inches or below, Purple backlit keyboard, 600series GPU, ivybridge CPU, Portable size, 750GB HDD 900p screen, and it also had the option to be colored in red+my name is engraved on the bottom.
And alienware gave me a ******** of discounts for buying it. I got 100$ off+free 2day shipping+Military Discount+loyalprogram gift card(57$)

Why a purple backlit keyboard? What a odd requirement.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Disconsented

I understand what you're trying to ask, but that's kind of like asking why are your shoes the particular color they are.

Yes, an odd requirement, but don't we all have those little quirks?

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Have you got proof that I'm lying or a liar? No you haven't. If I kindly asked a moderator for your bans/warnings record I'm sure I'd come up with more than a few.

Also I never said Alienware wasn't suited to you. I said that you were pushing it onto other people as the only option. Your reading comprehension seems to need a lot of work.

Don't start slandering Franny dearest, that ugly behaviour doesn't suit such a cute face.
Saruwatari Kooji
Disconsented

I understand what you're trying to ask, but that's kind of like asking why are your shoes the particular color they are.

Yes, an odd requirement, but don't we all have those little quirks?
No way. She didn't look specifically for a purple backlit keyboard. She convinced herself that she needed it after she discovered it was an option.
Disconsented
Nvidia FranBunny GT
Lanackse-Kanvae
nyse listed nyx
Why alienware?

I've been using one for nearly 3years. ive gotten so used to it that ive even gotten a razer naga Epic beucase it could turn its lights purple along with it being that the Naga itself(reguardless of which one) has been the only mouse that hasnt hurt my hand when using it. the Naga epic and 2012 came with a specialized grip option that is even more comfortable and softer on my hand(which has muscular issues)

The requirement from the purple backlit keyboard is that ive used it for such a long time.

There are 3 companies so far that offer a laptop with such a requirement, that i know of at the moment.
XoticPC: Asus G55 G75
Alienware: all laptop models
Origin PC: All 15inch+ models
I think the MSI GT60 also offers a a option for purple back lighting but Im not sure and MSI has had some scarey stories involving their customers that ive known almost perosnally(daily posters on the EVGA forums)

It's a nice comfort factor that alot of companies are starting to support.
Alienware, Origin, XoticPC all offer it on a range of models so the horizons are expanding

Im actually doing a comparison now of the EONS-17 SLX Dual GPUs vs the Alienware M18X R2 Dual GPUs from XoticPC.

Since both the Origin and Alienware fit my requirements without issue, its really up to a few nitpicks such as the M18X has a full metal case body, the origin does not.
The alienware is freeshipping and no taxes. The origin will be charged shipping
The origin has a lower base CPU for the same cost, but has higher base RAM.
The alienware has a much bigger screen and HDMI in, the Origin has a smaller screen and does not have HDMI In.
the origin has a finger print reader, the alienware doesnt.
The xoticPC M18x has WAY more options to choose from over the Origin SLX including specialized thermal past, HDD options, and color choises.
If i were to get the Alienware I'd get it nebula red+my name engraved on the system and extra vanity lighting for the same price.

The alienware will have better durability and weighs the same with a full aluminim chassis.

Which one to choose?

IRL Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
So that's what you look like...

If you're going to do a unboxing video, do try not to slide things around. I mean, if you're going to, do it on carpet. Makes less sound than on a hard surface. Something about sliding things on a hard surface on the mic grates my ears almost as bad as nails on a chalkboard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff