Welcome to Gaia! ::

So i have an LG Marquee through sprint right...well i just moved into a place and dont have internet yet....so i call my friend and he tells me to download Easy Tether App on Google Play and download drivers for the computer...well that turned into having to update to service pack two on windows xp, then install all drivers, then my phone wouldnt work....then i realized i forgot to install the set of drivers for my phone to work....now it works and im online
Do you have a computer issue you need help with?
not anymore i dont...lol
Then don't post in the tech support forum unless you do.

Interesting Lunatic

Jaydi Blaze

Calm down, she's just saying she's amazed that her smartphone is capable of providing her with internet on her computer while she's moving, for free.

Shameless Enabler

Imperfect by Nature
Jaydi Blaze

Calm down, she's just saying she's amazed that her smartphone is capable of providing her with internet on her computer while she's moving, for free.
It aint free.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
nouveau sereph
Imperfect by Nature
Jaydi Blaze

It aint free.

Data plans cost a buttload and if you go over their limits, hope you have a child to sell to slavery.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Lanackse-Kanvae
nouveau sereph
Imperfect by Nature
Jaydi Blaze

It aint free.

Data plans cost a buttload and if you go over their limits, hope you have a child to sell to slavery.
Selling children into slavery doesn't actually pay as much as you might think.
Sitwon
Lanackse-Kanvae
nouveau sereph
Imperfect by Nature
Jaydi Blaze

It aint free.

Selling children into slavery doesn't actually pay as much as you might think.

I actually have sprint and am on a family plan...me n my ma.....129.99/mo 1500 landline minutes, unlimited mobile to mobile, texting, and data.....V_V it's only 3G though.....And yes it is FREE....its called USB tethering....NOTICE TO ALL ANDROID USERS! DOWNLOAD EASY TETHER LITE, FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SETUP GUIDE(INCLUDED WITH THE APP) INSTALL DRIVERS ON COMPUTER, CONNECT DATA CORD, AND YOUR INTERNET ON PC IS AS FAST AS YOUR DATA CONNECTION ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE....^_^....WOOT WOOT FOR USB TETHERING

Original Gaian

Truffle_Phuck
NOTICE TO ALL ANDROID USERS! DOWNLOAD EASY TETHER LITE, FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SETUP GUIDE(INCLUDED WITH THE APP) INSTALL DRIVERS ON COMPUTER, CONNECT DATA CORD, AND YOUR INTERNET ON PC IS AS FAST AS YOUR DATA CONNECTION ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE....^_^....WOOT WOOT FOR USB TETHERING
Sprint has a passive monitoring service that can check what users are tethering without a tethering plan purchased and can start locking you down if you abuse this.
Gabriel Faust
Truffle_Phuck
NOTICE TO ALL ANDROID USERS! DOWNLOAD EASY TETHER LITE, FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ON THE SETUP GUIDE(INCLUDED WITH THE APP) INSTALL DRIVERS ON COMPUTER, CONNECT DATA CORD, AND YOUR INTERNET ON PC IS AS FAST AS YOUR DATA CONNECTION ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE....^_^....WOOT WOOT FOR USB TETHERING
Sprint has a passive monitoring service that can check what users are tethering without a tethering plan purchased and can start locking you down if you abuse this.

well they can eat pickles dipped in ranch sauce covered in termite fleas for all i care
You are going to have just the best time explaining to your mom exactly why she has to pay hundreds of dollars in overage data. smile

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Vazz
You are going to have just the best time explaining to your mom exactly why she has to pay hundreds of dollars in overage data. smile

I would LOVE to be a fly on that wall.
Isn't tethering just allowing your PC to use the phone as a modem over USB? My Galaxy S allows itself to turn into a WiFi hotspot, so it doesn't need a tether cable. I was under the impression that tethering was just a fancy way of using the phone as a modem, still paying for your data plan...

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Gabriel Faust
Truffle_Phuck

Actually.....if you spoof your browser to mimic your phone they won't "see" you using your PC.
Example
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRD35) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

I used that a few times to bypass the block t-mobile put on me..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff