Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
So I was talking with someone about how no matter how good the quality of video I make Youtube always RUINS it insanely and they asked why I wasn't using a Youtube codec...?

After some googling I found that Youtube uses H.264/MPEG-4 AVC but... I use Adobe CS3 Premiere Pro because it was cheap since it is so old.

User Image
Here is a screenshot of the Encoder menu and I circled where I thought I would find a different codec option but am not finding it, is this where it should be? Might it be elsewhere? Might I be able to download and install a custom codec that is basically Youtube's so that I can apply it to all of my videos so that Youtube stops RUINING my videos?
You probably want to check out this link to answer your question. It's Google support listing off recommended encoding settings.
Since Premiere Pro 3 is old, perhaps you need to update to get H.264 support?

Quote:
The Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS3 3.1 update includes compatibility updates and important bug fixes. It is highly recommended for all Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 users. The key changes in the 3.1 update are:

• Support for native ingest, editing and output of content from Panasonic P2 cameras
• A number of key bug fixes for HDV editing, H.264 export, and other issues

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
MyNameIsKir
You probably want to check out this link to answer your question. It's Google support listing off recommended encoding settings.
Recommended encoding is fine and all but I am looking for how to encode it to those recommended settings.

bhnascar

Quote:
The Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS3 3.1 update includes compatibility updates and important bug fixes. It is highly recommended for all Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 users. The key changes in the 3.1 update are:

• Support for native ingest, editing and output of content from Panasonic P2 cameras
CS3 is ancient and yet they still have this link on their sie?!?!??
Thanks I'll try i!

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
bhnascar

Quote:

Nahhh that update didn't change anything, maybe there is a preset I could use?

User Image

Dapper Elder

12,000 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
I had actually just found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpbCnsyqT9E

and found that my issue is that I do not have Quicktime installed on my computer lol

I tried using the other H.264 but the export never finalizes so I am installing Quicktime now, thanks though!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff