Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mobo: ASROCK H61M-GE
GPU: RADEON HD 6750
CPU: i3 2120
PSU : RX- 530SS
i wanna upgrade so i can have better fps when im recording gameplay suggestions ?
NoirYs
Mobo: ASROCK H61M-GE
GPU: RADEON HD 6750
CPU: i3 2120
PSU : RX- 530SS
i wanna upgrade so i can have better fps when im recording gameplay suggestions ?

It will depend in part on the recording suite.

Here's a guide for FRAPS.

Based on that, if you want to do high resolution/uncompressed recording then you should probably buy a ~120GB SSD as a dedicated scratch drive just to record to.

That said, if you want high graphics quality as well so that your recordings look as best as possible then you're going to need to get a better graphics card. To that end I would strongly recommend dumping that Raidmax you have. It's garbage. A very old design of PSU. It's adequate for the build you have but I wouldn't trust it with a more powerful and more expensive graphics card.

A Radeon 7870 would be the cheapest card I would recommend upgrading to from what you have. Otherwise the GTX 660 TI would probably be the sweet-spot as far as price-performance is concerned.

I'm not sure what kind of impact recording has on your processor. Again, I'm sure it depends on the recording software. I would recommend logging your CPU load while recording. If you're at 100% then you probably want to upgrade. A 3rd gen Core i5 would be the obvious recommendation there.
What are you using to record gameplay?
Disconsented
i use fraps
NoirYs
Disconsented
i use fraps
Two suggestions:
1) Dxtory - Much harder to set up but t is much more flexible allowing for the same quality as fraps while not being as intensive.
2) A second HDD - Chances are that you are trying to record in high resolution and with 1 HDD. It just simply can't keep up with your OS, game and other software being run off it while you are trying to record to it.
Well it all depends. An i3 wouldn't exactly be the hardcore gaming CPU like an i7 would be and an HD6750 isn't something to brag about either. If I were to upgrade a computer like that, I would ideally want at least an i5 This is a good one and at the very least a GTX 550 or AMD equivalent. You should also make sure you have the RAM, 4gb's at least, but 8 is more preferable. Of course all that would work only if you have the proper PSU. I recommend overkill on this one since it's the cheapest. 650, 700, 800, all of that is good, but make sure it at least is rated 80 plus bronze.
Disconsented
NoirYs
Disconsented
i use fraps
Two suggestions:
1) Dxtory - Much harder to set up but t is much more flexible allowing for the same quality as fraps while not being as intensive.
2) A second HDD - Chances are that you are trying to record in high resolution and with 1 HDD. It just simply can't keep up with your OS, game and other software being run off it while you are trying to record to it.
i have dxtory also, i have a 230 gig external hdd i use for recordin
NoirYs
Disconsented
NoirYs
Disconsented
i use fraps
Two suggestions:
It's not connected with USB, I hope.

USB is comparatively very slow, and it doesn't handle the kind of data rates that video recording demands. You should be using eSATA or a dedicated internal drive.
psychic stalker
NoirYs
Disconsented
NoirYs
Disconsented
i use fraps
Two suggestions:
It's not connected with USB, I hope.

USB is comparatively very slow, and it doesn't handle the kind of data rates that video recording demands. You should be using eSATA or a dedicated internal drive.
it works fine my frames are stable, i just wanna get something for when i render on SVP 12, and record at higher graphic settings

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff