Welcome to Gaia! ::

[gaming/designing build]

ps. hi minion if you pop in here! >___< I promise this is the last time. :3
Everything looks fine
okay, I was just told my psu and motherboard is cheap. does that mean it won't work? is that bad?
Both of those components are from very reputable brands. There shouldn't be any issues.
okay, thank you so much. ^__^ sorry for the trouble.
No worries :3
I think the wattage is slightly low on the PSU. Other than that, it looks good.
* starts freaking out *

O.O

minion...where are you when I need you..T________T
Just ran it though CoolerMasters Wattage calculator and you are very safe.
Disconsented
Just ran it though CoolerMasters Wattage calculator and you are very safe.

yayay! thank you! biggrin
Also Mr Disconsented, do you think you could give me your opinion on what items I should put under warranty. My build is at $1,187.60 so I know when I start adding 1 year warranties it's going to go up. I was thinking about giving a 1 year warranty to the monitor, the cpu and motherboard and gpu.
iinkless
Also Mr Disconsented, do you think you could give me your opinion on what items I should put under warranty. My build is at $1,187.60 so I know when I start adding 1 year warranties it's going to go up. I was thinking about giving a 1 year warranty to the monitor, the cpu and motherboard and gpu.

As far as I know monitors are pretty reliable so there shouldn't be a need for that but putting your power supply under warranty means it should last you a long time.
iinkless
* starts freaking out *

O.O

minion...where are you when I need you..T________T
AAAHHHH!!!!! Sorry!

Disconsented is right. You're totally fine power-wise. That system will be hard-pressed to even draw 200W under full load, so a 520W PSU is tons. You could/should almost downgrade to a 400W unit.

As for warranties I would strongly recommend your hard drive. CPUs rarely, rarely, rarely ever fail. Especially when not overclocked.

Worth noting is that your power supply is not going to last any longer just because it is warrantied. Just figured I'd clarify that, since that was actually said. It can be replaced at no/little cost if it fails though.

I'm not really big on warranties myself, but that's partly because I upgrade so frequently.

Enduring Friend

Is it me, or does that seem like you're not getting a whole lot of power for the money put into it? Am I missing something here?
elemein
Is it me, or does that seem like you're not getting a whole lot of power for the money put into it? Am I missing something here?
Keep in mind that $250 of that is allocated toward a monitor and operating system, items that many people exclude from their parts lists. So from that perspective, this would be a $750 "tower".

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff