Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Noob

iRu3

User Image
                                          I have Gimp 2.8 so perhaps I can clear some things up here...

2.8's default brushes are different from 2.6
                                          The circle brush you're looking for is not in 2.8
                                          What you actually need is a brush or brushes called 'hardness'
                                          More specifically, you need a brush called '2. Hardness 100'
                                          And the 'scale' in 2.6 is 'size' in 2.8
                                          And the reason why your brush is big
                                          The size is set at 20.00 by default
                                          You have to bring it down to 1.00 :3
                                          Like so

Sweetheart

x e I I i x

I so love you, Elli ♥

Big Noob

Egotistically

I'm just doing my job, ma'am (◡‿◡✿)
[/tips hat]

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

x e I I i x

OH! Holy crap... Don't I feel stupid now. sweatdrop Thank you. I'll try again with what you told me. Thanks for the help!

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

x e I I i x

Haha, hi again. ^^;; Um. For the Text Outline, is there another way to select Path From Text because my GIMP doesn't have that selection on the Text Option like it does in Egotistically's sample for direction 6. >.<

Shameless Dabbler

iRu3

x e I I i x

Haha, hi again. ^^;; Um. For the Text Outline, is there another way to select Path From Text because my GIMP doesn't have that selection on the Text Option like it does in Egotistically's sample for direction 6. >.<
Open up the Layer Dialogue (Ctrl + L) then right click on the text layer and select "Text to Path".

Alternatively whilst that layer is selected, click the layer menu in the top bar and then click "Text to Path"

Either way, you will now have a path of the text.

By the way I find it easier instead of using steps 6 and 7 to just do this.

Open the Layer Dialogue and right click on the layer, choose "Alpha to Selection". Carry on with step 8, it gets slightly different results but you can drop a step and the workflow is much quicker.

Cheers.

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

The Apathetic Bandit

Thank you! I'll try that instead. ^^

Adored Junior

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
User Image

I don't mean to butt in or anything but uhm....
I'm really lost with putting multiple gifs in the same pics.
Like, when i try it,
the gifs play separately.
I've tried taking the backgrounds of the gifs (when I add them to the new picture) and merging them down to the actual BG
and they still play separately.
Can i get some help pls? ; A ;

Sweetheart

VIDEO OF AWESOMENESS

I made a youtube-esque video of making a basic graphic in case people were struggling by reading how to do something. It's my first time making one, so I hope it isn't that bad.. I'll be making a more.. er.. non-males-about-to-kiss-one soon. n-n;;;;;

Sweetheart

Rainbow Kappukeki

I'm like a level one newbie at gifs. I'm sorry. ; 3 ; .. Elli might know!

Shameless Dabbler

Rainbow Kappukeki

Here, this plugin looks exactly what you are looking for.

And a tutorial on how to install plugins.

Egotistically

Totally commented that up.

"Just a few things, your instructions are going a bit quick. Also, in GIMP 2.8 you can rotate brushes. When you went to make the border for the text, you forgot to say to make selection from path (Shift + V for people having trouble). And last quick thing, Ctrl + F will only work to repeat the drop shadow if they haven't done any other filters between.

Otherwise, good job, was not offended by the boys nearly kissing =P"

Also, had a name change..

Sweetheart

The Apathetic Bandit

Ahaha, I know it was a bit fast. I think I had somewhere that it was for 2.6. Perhaps it was in
the description? I'll have another look. And, as for the selection from path, I totally forgot about
that one step; I do it so naturally I must have forgotten to sneak it in. And, that's why I gave the
other option to redo the sequence. I was a bit rushed, but I think it turned out okay for that.
@^@;; ... Someone needed help so I rushed on through. xD I can't handle the 10 minute videos.
o-o;;... BUT YEAH. Thanks for the feedback. |D

Glad you weren't offended. ;]

Where'd the name change come from? o:

Shameless Dabbler

Egotistically
The Apathetic Bandit

Ahaha, I know it was a bit fast. I think I had somewhere that it was for 2.6. Perhaps it was in
the description? I'll have another look. And, as for the selection from path, I totally forgot about
that one step; I do it so naturally I must have forgotten to sneak it in. And, that's why I gave the
other option to redo the sequence. I was a bit rushed, but I think it turned out okay for that.
@^@;; ... Someone needed help so I rushed on through. xD I can't handle the 10 minute videos.
o-o;;... BUT YEAH. Thanks for the feedback. |D

Glad you weren't offended. ;]

Where'd the name change come from? o:
Fair enough =P I got a comment on one of my videos saying "Not loud enough mate" Oh well..

Pretty much because I felt like it.

Dementedly's Waifu

Omnipresent Rogue

9,825 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

x e I I i x

The Apathetic Bandit

Hiya there again! Haha, you'll prolly see a lot of me. Anyway, for the Slanted Line Pattern, I learned how to do it! But it takes up the whole picture. Is there a way to only make it take up a section?

Big Noob

iRu3

I forgot to reply to the previous question
So hopefully this makes up for that

Okay
So all you have to do is either:
Use fuzzy select and choose a selection
Select by color so you can choose areas with similar colors
Rectangle/Eclipse section to put the line pattern within that area of selection
Or free select

Please tell me this is making sense . u.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff