Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweetheart

Elizabeth Amriel
[/waits] dramallama
Oh, and I made this too~

Amazing ~ > A <
And, about the masks; I think you would treat them as you do brushes.
I downloaded a bunch to try it and it seemed to work, but I'll look more into it o u o''

Big Noob

yaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy emotion_kirakira

And okay
o no

Fashionable Lunatic

9,000 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ego~~ /flops/
Love your guide. :3 Though I need a little help.

I'm trying one of those corner posting layouts. But I noticed that they are too big and don't line up. >.< I was told that I need to resize them. But when I do that it makes them blurry. @_@

How do I go about properly re-sizing them in gimp without causing it to become blurry. I'm guessing them not lining up correctly is because I didn't crop it right. >.< I'm such a gimp fail. Do you want me to provide you with a link?

Meanwhile....../snatches Elizabeth up and runs/

Sweetheart

@ Yuri
Thanks hon.
The first thing you should do before you do anything with your photo is to resize it to a maximum of 1000 px by 1000 px. You can crop it first so all excess material goes bye-bye, or just shrink it using another website (such as google+ or picmonkey) or by going image > scale image. If you scale the image, I would recommend using percentages, the best being shrinking it by 50%, 66.7%, or even 80%. If it becomes blurry (make your you're viewing the image at 100%, not 150% or 66.7%. When you're satisfied, continue on with making your corner graphics. When you clear away the excess and are ready to crop, follow this simple guide ;

o1 - Remove as much white space as you can, but try to have the image size rounded so the last two digits are either 00, 25, 50, or 75. For example, that would be 400x550 or 600x875. Makes things simpler.

o2 - You'll be making two separate images. Try to keep the last digit either a 0 or 5. If you can do something similar like the above (ie: 300x750) it should work fine.

o3 - Now get the other half of the image (either subtracting the height or width of the first part and cropping the second half; don't remove any white space. Keep everything on the other side.

o4 - With it cropped the second side, crop away all the white space but remove nothing from the top, only the bottom half. I recommend the last digit being either 0 or 5.

o5 - Save it as a new image, upload both, and stick them in your layout.

If it's too confusing, I'll go through it step-by-step with images and what not.

Dapper Fatcat

13,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Conventioneer 300

Sweetheart

@ Gigi:
So.. .sexy! @ A @
Egotistically

How do you make such pretty text and the diagonal lines???? I'm so new to Gimp :3 and your guide is super super helpful! The examples really come in handy because half of what I do I have to double check with yours XD
Actually, nevermind that last post. I'm actually concerned... I think I might've done something but I don't see that option to select a path along the text... Also My windows are all wierd... I exited out of some and now I don't have the windows that you do. Any way to reset it?
AYE! I've had a lot more problems then I should have but I made this little lame picture biggrin

Clickieee

Hallowed Shapeshifter

This has been BEYOND helpful! I had never done this before and it really seemed like a daunting task before I found this. I'm subscribed to this thread and will definitely be coming back to it if I need more help. Thank you so much!

And if you're interested, here is what I made: Click!

Obsessive Consumer

i made this thanks to your guide.
and a glowing tutorial for the text.

but i'm having trouble with making corner graphics.
idk what's wrong with them but they just never look as good as my single horizontal or vertical graphics.
take a look and maybe make some suggestions?
x x x

thanks for your time, love your tutorial.

Sweetheart

never expected so many happy people at once! I feel so fortunate. Thank you. .///.

Sadly, I'm a little overwhelmed with pain, dizziness, and hit-and-miss nausea, so I'm going to have to get back to you all in a little bit, but I most definitely will reply!

By the way, the graphics/pictures are so cute! n-n

Sweetheart

Doover

How do you make such pretty text and the diagonal lines???? I'm so new to Gimp :3 and your guide is super super helpful! The examples really come in handy because half of what I do I have to double check with yours XD

Those questions are both answered in the final post on the front page. o u o

Doover
Actually, nevermind that last post. I'm actually concerned... I think I might've done something but I don't see that option to select a path along the text... Also My windows are all wierd... I exited out of some and now I don't have the windows that you do. Any way to reset it?

For the former, to get to that option you have to scroll down on the lower half of the toolbox (left-side, unless you moved it) window. For the later, if you exited out of them, go to "Windows > Recently Closed Windows > And click the option (or options) They should reopen.

Doover
AYE! I've had a lot more problems then I should have but I made this little lame picture biggrin

Clickieee

It's not lame, it's darling! I'm very proud you made something like this even when you were having such difficulties! n-n

Lady Psychopath
This has been BEYOND helpful! I had never done this before and it really seemed like a daunting task before I found this. I'm subscribed to this thread and will definitely be coming back to it if I need more help. Thank you so much!

And if you're interested, here is what I made: Click!

I'm so happy to hear you say that! It took me a while (and by a while, over a year, maybe two) to get to where I am. So, instead of letting everyone freak out, possibly give up before trying, I just wanted to show that it's not as scary as it may seem! Once you know the basic steps, and with a little bit of practice, you'll be able to make outrageously beautiful things!

I am interested to see~ And it's adorable! That image was one of my favourites when I first started roleplaying. Sadly, I don't think I ever used it, despite wanting to. o^o;;

The Soulless Puppet
i made this thanks to your guide.
and a glowing tutorial for the text.

but i'm having trouble with making corner graphics.
idk what's wrong with them but they just never look as good as my single horizontal or vertical graphics.
take a look and maybe make some suggestions?
x x x

thanks for your time, love your tutorial.

You're welcome! I adored your images, but it's sometimes better to use an image with a background, or to keep the background of an image. That way, you can see your brushes more clearly (but using a drop shadow may clear that up, although I do see you using multiple images.

Well, for single images, I tend to do something like this; a common upside-down L-Shape. Or, if you cut out the image/images, having something that doesn't contradict it may be a better choice. For example, I cut out Mason's character and gave the text a similar effect while using the colours from the image. Or, an 'easier' way would be to invoke the layers and try something a little more complicated, like this or this. Simply, having them 'flow' is a key part; sometimes having them contradict a little too much can make it seem a little off.

Sorry if this confused you more! I'm a little dizzy, nauseous, and in pain, but I wanted to atleast try to help!

Again, wonderful work, everyone! I'm so proud. q-q (/the love of a mother)

Obsessive Consumer

yeah, a little confusing at first but when i saw your examples, it came together.
i have some ideas now, thanks to that.
i tend to make some things cluttered, but now the way you have it makes it simple.
thanks so much, and this isn't the last of me! lol.

edit;; also. I'm trying to make banners.
but if it's small, i can't do it, idk why.
they want, the person i am making this for, wants something dreamy.
but it's just not big enough for my creative juices to flow.
any suggestions D;
this is what i have

User Image

i mean, like... i just want to have better skills at small banners.

Sweetheart

The Soulless Puppet
yeah, a little confusing at first but when i saw your examples, it came together.
i have some ideas now, thanks to that.
i tend to make some things cluttered, but now the way you have it makes it simple.
thanks so much, and this isn't the last of me! lol.

edit;; also. I'm trying to make banners.
but if it's small, i can't do it, idk why.
they want, the person i am making this for, wants something dreamy.
but it's just not big enough for my creative juices to flow.
any suggestions D;
this is what i have

User Image

i mean, like... i just want to have better skills at small banners.

Thank goodness the links helped. I was like.. "In so much pain.. butishouldreply.. but the pain! o A o.. butishouldreply! D<" If you needed it more detailed, I could help. Like, if you would like to know how I did a certain one, I would be happy to help you unless you have things under control.

You're very welcome! And I'll be happy to not get rid of you. I get lonely. o n o (/weep, weep)

Oh, I know what you mean. (/sweatdrop)

If you want to try it with the kind of.. 'fancy borders' there are some brushes that, while at 1.00, are big enough ad suitable for banners and would be easy enough for you to replicate. but, yeah. Mini-banners aren't my favourite, but if you would like some pointers, I could try fiddling with them, too. n-n

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff