Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sweetheart

Mooshi... You so owe me for this ; 3 ; (/weep, weep)
You are not going to want to hear this but that doesn't go here.
This is for Tech Help this would better fit in the Tech Talk.

Gryzzle's Darling

Dapper Fatcat

18,675 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Pst.
How did you do the fine lines on Ayase's post format?

Sweetheart

Hitokiri Hitaru
Pst.

@Gigi:
The slanted lines in the background? I made the design as a pattern (if you don't know how to do that I will expand on it when I'm not on my phone) and at the end of part 3 step 4 when you have the unwanted background clear and your picture still selected, do not unselect it but invert it back (CTRL+I). Create a new layer above the background, and select the pattern you created (in this case, slanted lines) then go to Edit > Fill With Pattern. It should cover your whole image (but not the white background) with slanted lines. To create a section without the pattern (like how I have Ayase's face clear) I simply used the rectangle selection tool while on the layer I used the pattern on, selection a portion I wanted to show as the normal image, then pressed delete (or Edit > Clear). If your lost, I'll help you after work Gigi. I can give you images ~

@Disconsented:
Thank you. I really didn't know where to put it so I guessed. n-n''

Shameless Gawker

9,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
Hmmm... Methinks I'll have to test this program out once I buy a new computer... [/rubs hands together]

Oh boy. Another activity that will suck in a piece of my soul.

Thank you so much for the guide! [/huggles] And your pictures are still uber-gorgeous, darling Mandah! [/squishies with lurve] >////<

Sweetheart

@ Dana:
Hahaha, you should~! :D

And thank you, darling! (/loves the lurve) >//w//< ♥

Gryzzle's Darling

Dapper Fatcat

18,675 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Egotistically
Hitokiri Hitaru
Pst.

@Gigi:
The slanted lines in the background? I made the design as a pattern (if you don't know how to do that I will expand on it when I'm not on my phone) and at the end of part 3 step 4 when you have the unwanted background clear and your picture still selected, do not unselect it but invert it back (CTRL+I). Create a new layer above the background, and select the pattern you created (in this case, slanted lines) then go to Edit > Fill With Pattern. It should cover your whole image (but not the white background) with slanted lines. To create a section without the pattern (like how I have Ayase's face clear) I simply used the rectangle selection tool while on the layer I used the pattern on, selection a portion I wanted to show as the normal image, then pressed delete (or Edit > Clear). If your lost, I'll help you after work Gigi. I can give you images ~

@Disconsented:
Thank you. I really didn't know where to put it so I guessed. n-n''

OMG
If you could help me with that I'd love you Dx
Cause I don't know how to make that a pattern.

Sweetheart

I'll be happy to assist. >w<
It's actually quite easy. (/shot) okay. Laptop time.
Thanks Ego for the wonderful guide on how to make epic formats!!! I sha'll make epic formats now and rule the world!!!! >=p
Egotistically

EGO!!!!
I need help!
I didn't know were my gimp folder was so I searched gimp folder on my search bar and it brought up a gimp folder in "thumbnail" section and it was in my "fail" area? So I dragged the folder to my pictures area and I dragged my brushes into the brushes section and nothing worked o.o So I decided to restart gimp and my brushes arn't there. Help? >-<

Sweetheart

PolarBears In Your Pants

EGO!!!!
I need help!
I didn't know were my gimp folder was so I searched gimp folder on my search bar and it brought up a gimp folder in "thumbnail" section and it was in my "fail" area? So I dragged the folder to my pictures area and I dragged my brushes into the brushes section and nothing worked o.o So I decided to restart gimp and my brushes arn't there. Help? >-<

Okay, sweetie! We should be able to fix this. (/nod, nod)

My advice would be to first restart the installation process, it may be a pain in rear but it should make things much easier in the long run.

Anyways, I added the whole step-by-step process on the front page. I hope this helps. I'm horrible at downloading things. ><;;
Egotistically

Alright, i'll follow your process exactly.

And i'll also try to figure out how to reinstall gimp.

Sweetheart

PolarBears In Your Pants

Alright, i'll follow your process exactly.

And i'll also try to figure out how to reinstall gimp.

Okay hon.
You can either just delete the whole GIMP folder(s) or go into the uninstall component of your laptop. It's hard to explain but easy to find if you know how. n-n''' sorry I can't help much. I'm on my phone D:
I'm using GIMP on linux min 13 .....how do i/where do i put my downloaded "sketch filter" that's a .scm file?

Is it stored in the desktop icon under some kind of file structure? Please be gentle, I had to learn this all on my own.
foxycake
I'm using GIMP on linux min 13 .....how do i/where do i put my downloaded "sketch filter" that's a .scm file?

Is it stored in the desktop icon under some kind of file structure? Please be gentle, I had to learn this all on my own.
No, open your home directory and press Ctrl+H to show hidden files, and look for ".gimp-2.6" or ".gimp-2.8" and then "scripts" inside there. That's where .scm files go.

Don't forget to do: Filters -> Script-Fu -> Refresh Scripts

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces