Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ras Qulec
Thank for the thought RK-DemonSpawned but I am afraid that there is not supposed to be bumping in the C&T forums.

I have been getting pm's about programming, is it ok for me to send them your way?

do you want to set up a thread for discussion on possible game stuff? maybe sort out who can do what out of the list of programmers, pm them and get some organisation from them?

mr lead programmer dude smile

I'm gonna go buy a new scanner tomorrow, yay!
Yes sure, It's not like I get any PM's right now anyway.

Yay for scanner!

Hmm… Something I thought about to tie the game more directly to Gaia: have links to the Gaia Forum inside the game, you would follow the links to get clues or information regarding the mission/adventure.

We could release new mission packs every-so-often staring different Gaia players and their topics. The storywriters would have to decide who could be put into the game successfully for each pack. We could have people pay gold to star them in the game and use the gold to give a prize to people who complete the mission! (Not us keep it, that would make the admin’s unhappy I think)

Ex: you roam the game's map and find a link and a hint and search for something through the link that you can tell to a character in the game that uses that information to generate a passcode. You give us the passcode and you win that mission! yay!
Ras Qulec
Yes sure, It's not like I get any PM's right now anyway.

Yay for scanner!

Hmm… Something I thought about to tie the game more directly to Gaia: have links to the Gaia Forum inside the game, you would follow the links to get clues or information regarding the mission/adventure.

We could release new mission packs every-so-often staring different Gaia players and their topics. The storywriters would have to decide who could be put into the game successfully for each pack. We could have people pay gold to star them in the game and use the gold to give a prize to people who complete the mission! (Not us keep it, that would make the admin’s unhappy I think)

Ex: you roam the game's map and find a link and a hint and search for something through the link that you can tell to a character in the game that uses that information to generate a passcode. You give us the passcode and you win that mission! yay!

wow, if you think thats possible then sure smile sounds really fun.

The way I have found NPC's for this game so far is the bigger thread for each fourm but being paid into a dummy account would be fine to though if this game gets played by 100's of users I don't know how we could give prizes to every one sweatdrop

but still, links to the threads people are involved with sounds fab, maybe later versions of the game could have links to thread people have paid to have in the game that way we get something for making the game smile
I didn't really mean every single person, just the first few. There would be no way to reward everyone! blaugh

The only real requirement for the mission packs would be to have the game modular and give the script and art teams a mission editor.
Ras Qulec
I didn't really mean every single person, just the first few. There would be no way to reward everyone! blaugh

The only real requirement for the mission packs would be to have the game modular and give the script and art teams a mission editor.
Cool, I guess you're right. Nice idea boss programmer.
Ras Qulec

*strokes her screen* woo for Ras

I think that could be a real attraction of the game, have it updateable with new missions etc based on peoples real threads in gaia which they could of course pay us in gold for smile a donation of sorts for our great work smile

I am emailing the mods again, its unfair to have us waiting over a month for this, its really getting annoying now *sigh* please just say yes and let us get on with it!

Have you spoken to any other programmers yet? when/if you set up a thread about the game design link it here so we can all read smile
Game Design Idea Topic

I have spoken to Cloud Sabrefang a little and I think Cloud should be on the official team.
Ras Qulec
Game Design Idea Topic

I have spoken to Cloud Sabrefang a little and I think Cloud should be on the official team.
Yay!, *bows to Ras*.
Ras Qulec
Game Design Idea Topic

I have you you me and cloud on the official team, as people stick around and help out I will add them, any other nominations for official team just post and I will add them ^_^
As a game developer myself (i've worked in the industry as a 3d artist for a while now) i just wanted to toss one major piece of advice towards you guys.

Think small. On a project like this, concentrate one making 1 level, and only one level.

Once this is finished, then you can start to work on more. The reason for this is a simple one; on a project like this, you want to set attainable goals incase the project falls apart. Lets face it, noone is getting paid, and noone needs to do any of this. You rely simply on the fact that they want to do this, and work hard for the love of the project. After some time, real life can come inbetween the workers and the project. If all things fail, it is good to have at least a small gem to present as an accomplishment of the project.

I have worked on a few "internet" projects in the past, this is why i refuse them all now. I have always had my work gone to waist because the project is never finished.

Although I do wish you guys the best of luck. Hopefully you can finish this. It would be interesting to pay wink
I agree It is best to start small, I plan on taking the game programming one step at a time and slowly building it up.

Alanya, war3_master showed signifigant interest in the game and skill with the language, I would like him also on the team if we can.
temion
As a game developer myself (i've worked in the industry as a 3d artist for a while now) i just wanted to toss one major piece of advice towards you guys.

Think small. On a project like this, concentrate one making 1 level, and only one level.

Once this is finished, then you can start to work on more. The reason for this is a simple one; on a project like this, you want to set attainable goals incase the project falls apart. Lets face it, noone is getting paid, and noone needs to do any of this. You rely simply on the fact that they want to do this, and work hard for the love of the project. After some time, real life can come inbetween the workers and the project. If all things fail, it is good to have at least a small gem to present as an accomplishment of the project.

I have worked on a few "internet" projects in the past, this is why i refuse them all now. I have always had my work gone to waist because the project is never finished.

Although I do wish you guys the best of luck. Hopefully you can finish this. It would be interesting to pay wink

I agree totally, I have finished a few games with people across the net, but they have always been people I have known for a while and have worked together irl or online before...

I really hope this project will be a success, just waititng on the darn admins *sigh*

as for war3_master, *adds to list*
I'm back from my haietus....My athalon died..I'm currently ekeing donations to rebuild the mana-esquire. I will assist as I can, I have recently purchased Soundforge and APH 9. Contact me again if thou needest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff