Welcome to Gaia! ::

<center>Gaia Game:</center><center>Design</center>

As some people may know a game based on Gaia is currently in the works. The game can not be created until Gaia's higher-ups give us the okay, however we would like to get input from Gaia Online players.

Anyone is welcome to post ideas and thoughts. Anything from Avatar size to menu organization would be welcomed.
Please take note however, that this is just the start of the game, we don't want anything too complected at the start, we can improve it later.

[open for posting]
<center>Current Information</center>
Engine:
Written in: C++
Tile based: Multi-level Isometric
Walk in any direction
Basic Inventory
Pickup-use Items
Interactive Tiles and Objects
Sit-Stand-Crawl
Customizable Avatar based on Gaia Online's

Game play:
Over world with buildings and such you can walk into
Quests that require you to follow links into the Gaia Online forums to receive clues and information about your mission
Expandable with mission packs

Priority:
Eventual Later Soon Immediate Finished
<center>People with good ideas</center>
Empty...
[reserved]
[reserved]
Well, here's a few questions to start off. Inventory: Going to have pictures, or just words? Also, if it is FF-ish in the way it plays, why the sit-stand-crawl, or is it more of a side scroller like castlevania and the like?
The sprites I have made just for fun so far have been 40% of origional avi size but I guess the game sprites will be based on the tile size which will be based on the game engine. They look pretty good at that size, I look forward to haveing a tile size set in stone to get started on game graphics (which would be ok in accordance with the ToS as its art)

Do you think if you set a tile size down now it would give you to much trouble with the game design in the future? If you can give me a size it would be great so me cloud + the others can get the basics down
DopplerZero
Well, here's a few questions to start off. Inventory: Going to have pictures, or just words? Also, if it is FF-ish in the way it plays, why the sit-stand-crawl, or is it more of a side scroller like castlevania and the like?

I'm no programmer so I dont know whats possible but I was thinking RPG stule iso game where you walk around the gaian maps
If it goes along the line of Ragnarok then it wins.
Zeph_yr
If it goes along the line of Ragnarok then it wins.

It can't be a online mass multi-player game, check out the Main thread to see where we have gotten to so far ^_^
Okay. So FFish. That works nicely. I'd suggest getting said menu options done, as well as the interface. It's one thing to be able to walk around on the terrain..it's another to walk without anything to it.

Also, we might want to look at expanding it a bit. I might be able to get us some sprites or the like for background things once we know what the sizes and the resolutions will be.
Okay, well atleast make leveling up really easy, but their be alot of levels. making leveling up too much harder as you progress will not capture the iinterest of people as much. Easier leveling up and alot more levels is the way tto go.
Depends on how we want to go. We mightnot even do leveling up, set it just on items and the rest. Though XP is always a good thing in a game. Lets you build up some and the like. Provides a nice variable so you don't get stuck.

Leveling should be easy at first, letting them think they're getting a ton, but as they go through it should get harder, so at the final stage it might take them a few fights to get a single level.
DopplerZero
Depends on how we want to go. We mightnot even do leveling up, set it just on items and the rest. Though XP is always a good thing in a game. Lets you build up some and the like. Provides a nice variable so you don't get stuck.

Leveling should be easy at first, letting them think they're getting a ton, but as they go through it should get harder, so at the final stage it might take them a few fights to get a single level.

Yes, but you dont want leveling up to take so llong on the later levels that it becomes tedious.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff