Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is a good, FREE (NO TRIALS) Film editing software? One that includes greenscreen editing, rearranging bits of a scene, etc. I am a total beginer at filmaking, and I'm trying to do a little Alice in Wonderland thing, so any tips, effects I could use (For stuff like talking animals, falling down the rabbit hole, shrinking etc.) would also be apreciated- but tell me how to do it on the software that you reccommend. Thanks!

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Since you didn't specify, I will assume you're running some incarnation of the Windows operating system.

Try Windows Movie Maker. it can do everything you listed and it's completely free. It may even be installed already.
Sitwon
Since you didn't specify, I will assume you're running some incarnation of the Windows operating system.

Try Windows Movie Maker. it can do everything you listed and it's completely free. It may even be installed already.

Thanks, lol. I didn't know that had greenscreen editing. Hopefully I can find the 'help' button.... (I'm kind of stupid)
Forever Broken 2
Sitwon

Thanks, lol. I didn't know that had greenscreen editing. Hopefully I can find the 'help' button.... (I'm kind of stupid)
If it does have that feature, it'll probably be called "chroma key."

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150

I tried these already. I spent an hour and a half looking for the right folder with no sucess.

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Forever Broken 2

I tried these already. I spent an hour and a half looking for the right folder with no sucess.
So you're having trouble following these guides and getting it setup? It might be easier to solve that problem than to switch to completely different application. Especially since there really aren't a lot of other good options out there.

What is the folder you are trying to find, the one where the XML file needs to be placed?
Sitwon
Forever Broken 2

So you're having trouble following these guides and getting it setup? It might be easier to solve that problem than to switch to completely different application. Especially since there really aren't a lot of other good options out there.

What is the folder you are trying to find, the one where the XML file needs to be placed?

It says I'm supposed to save it in C razz rogram FilesMovie MakerSharedAddOnTFX, but I go to program files, and Movie Maker isn't there, and neither is windows live movie maker. (I have both) The answer to this is probably really obvious, but I'm kind of stupid. sweatdrop

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
Do you also have a "Program Files (x86)" directory? did you look in there too?
Sitwon
Do you also have a "Program Files (x86)" directory? did you look in there too?

I looked before I downloaded regular movie maker.... but now it's there! biggrin Yay, thanks. But I can't save it there.....it says I need to contact the administrator. sweatdrop

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
I believe you need to open the folder with "Administrative Privileges".

I don't use Windows so I don't know the specific steps off the top of my head.
Sitwon
I believe you need to open the folder with "Administrative Privileges".

I don't use Windows so I don't know the specific steps off the top of my head.

Thanks so much for your help!

Loiterer

If you never figure that out, you could try Jahshaka. But the learning curve is likely very huge.

Tipsy Regular

Bornes
If you never figure that out, you could try Jahshaka. But the learning curve is likely very huge.

Lightworks is also very good, but since it moved out of beta, less codecs are accepted, and it also has a big learning curve.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff