Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alright, I have a pretty good idea for a custom computer. I want to build this thing strictly for art and gaming.
I already have an idea in mind but I wanted to get some input from other people as to what might be good to add. Post your ideas here, please.

Thanks in Advance

SL

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
I understand that the DFI LANparty nf4 series are good boards.
Darialan Love
I understand that the DFI LANparty nf4 series are good boards.

K, Ill check those out. I often network mine and my friends comps together so we can play Splinter Cell on LAN, so I might need one of these.
Boy i have a amd xp 2500 and its pretty fast ..also with my abit motherboard that i bought for only 63 dollars..all you need is a fast comp and good grapic card..but if you really want a gaming comp..you should look at the AMD 64's..they are hella bad a**..i wish i can get one..they coost too much..but its your decision..riht..but at least you got speed and enough rams its ok..plus a good graphic card again..hehe
khammee
Boy i have a amd xp 2500 and its pretty fast ..also with my abit motherboard that i bought for only 63 dollars..all you need is a fast comp and good grapic card..but if you really want a gaming comp..you should look at the AMD 64's..they are hella bad a**..i wish i can get one..they coost too much..but its your decision..riht..but at least you got speed and enough rams its ok..plus a good graphic card again..hehe

Low end Athlon 64s aren't very pricey. $150 for a socket 939 3000+ Venice..
I'd recommend 2GB (1gbx2) dual channel ram.

Then a nice large tower to store loads of hard drives since games how have huge textures and art .. well that takes space too razz
at this point and time you'll never need 2 gb of ram... 1gb would do u just fine, i recommend any motherboard that is made by asus but make sure that it has serial ata ports... get 2 10,000 rpm serial ATA hardrives any capacity that suits u, and as far as a processor i would go with an
AMD socket 939, and a 52x or higher cd player/writer whatever you choose, i'd go with serial ata but its not necessary unless u really want faster speed, dont for get to have a powerful enough powersupply i use the aspire 520w, and as much cooling products as possible... if u arent money shy then go for water cooled...can't go wrong their...and the case is all for you to decide by the looks, price and features like fan controller, fans, lights, clearsided, etc...
OmenXtreme
at this point and time you'll never need 2 gb of ram... 1gb would do u just fine, i recommend any motherboard that is made by asus but make sure that it has serial ata ports... get 2 10,000 rpm serial ATA hardrives any capacity that suits u, and as far as a processor i would go with an
AMD socket 939, and a 52x or higher cd player/writer whatever you choose, i'd go with serial ata but its not necessary unless u really want faster speed, dont for get to have a powerful enough powersupply i use the aspire 520w, and as much cooling products as possible... if u arent money shy then go for water cooled...can't go wrong their...and the case is all for you to decide by the looks, price and features like fan controller, fans, lights, clearsided, etc...

A 10,000 RPM hard drive isn't really worth the price for the average person, IMO. Just get a nice 250 GB 7200 RPM hard drive. StorageReview has a lot of good reviews.

Also, unless you're seriously overclocking, you won't need water cooling. The default heatsink will most likely do you fine, and even if it doesn't, you can get a better one that will be perfect.
Peng
OmenXtreme

A 10,000 RPM hard drive isn't really worth the price for the average person, IMO. Just get a nice 250 GB 7200 RPM hard drive. StorageReview has a lot of good reviews.

Also, unless you're seriously overclocking, you won't need water cooling. The default heatsink will most likely do you fine, and even if it doesn't, you can get a better one that will be perfect.

oops sorry looks like i read it a little bit wrong i was going towards more of an ultimate gamer case not really one that would be cost effective... the one i was describing would be able to be built for close to $2,000...
OmenXtreme
oops sorry looks like i read it a little bit wrong i was going towards more of an ultimate gamer case not really one that would be cost effective... the one i was describing would be able to be built for close to $2,000...

Oh, okay. Cost-effective = good, though..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff