Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Combatant

Would any of you give me your opinion on this build?

CAS: Raidmax Viper GX Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, External SSD 2.5 inch EZ swap & Side-Panel Window
CASUPGRADE: None
CD: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core AM3+ CPU 8MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case
FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (1 x System)
FAN: Asetek 510LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Enhance Cooling Performance (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull)
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HEADSET: * GG Cruiser PC200-I Gaming Headset w/Large 57mm drivers
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
KEYBOARD: AZZA Delta Gaming Keyboard w/ Anti-Ghosting & red backlight
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)
MOTHERBOARD: * GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX w/ Ultra Durable 4 Classic, On/Off Charge, GbLAN, 2 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 2 PCI
MOUSE: AZZA Alpha 1600 DPI Gaming Mouse
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
NOISEREDUCE1: Power Supply Gasket
NOISEREDUCE2: Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts
OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR [3 Year Labor, 1 Year Parts] LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA Superclocked ACX Cooling)

The grand total is 1,193.80, including delivery speed and whatnot that I chose.

Newbie Member

7,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
Please use this site to puild a parts list. You will get people responding to your questions about your build and its easy on the eyes to then seeing the text you use and other text that make it hard for some to read.

http://pcpartpicker.com/
I wouldn't recommend the Bulldozer CPU, you can google some benchmark tests and notice he falls short on performance compared to others (even other AMDs). You can find the reasons on these reviews, and might find an equal/cheaper alternative with even better performance.

If you're building for gaming, I'd really suggest picking up a SSD HD. You can find some good and cheap ones nowadays and they're really more reliable than before, and once you get used to it, it's hard to go back to old loading times...
As stated previously, don't get the bulldozer model of the AMD CPU, its weak and about the same price. I'd get the 8350 4.0 ghz.

You don't need a liquid cooling radiator for your CPU if you don't intend to OC, just save the money and stick with the stock.... unless money isnt an issue then I'd get it. I'd highly recommend the corsair h100i kit.

You don't 'need' 16 gb of ram unless you plan to do photoshop or video editing.

I'd definitely invest in an SSD, worth the money imo.

If you like nvidia then the 770 is a good cost effective model, but I'd always recommend not mixing your models and stick with the same companies as far as cpu to gpu. (get an ATI with an AMD CPU since they are the same company). Plus ATI tends to be cheaper and can pack more of a punch.
Paladin Uriel
As stated previously, don't get the bulldozer model of the AMD CPU, its weak and about the same price. I'd get the 8350 4.0 ghz.

You don't need a liquid cooling radiator for your CPU if you don't intend to OC, just save the money and stick with the stock.... unless money isnt an issue then I'd get it. I'd highly recommend the corsair h100i kit.

If you like nvidia then the 770 is a good cost effective model, but I'd always recommend not mixing your models and stick with the same companies as far as cpu to gpu. (get an ATI with an AMD CPU since they are the same company). Plus ATI tends to be cheaper and can pack more of a punch.

8320 is a tad cheaper and the only difference is the clock speed (easy fix)
Discbot
Paladin Uriel

Mmm, not really.

the CPU benches out of the box better then the 8320, plus most things you can't OC to be better.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-FX-8350-vs-AMD-FX-8320

Plus, why would'n't you spend extra $40 and get better overall performance? The CPU is the heart of a computer and not easily replaced later on with new models due to socket changes. Might as well get one of the best you can, especially if its a difference of $40.
Ahenobabrus Nerva
Discbot
Paladin Uriel

Mmm, not really.

the CPU benches out of the box better then the 8320, plus most things you can't OC to be better.

Plus, why would'n't you spend extra $40 and get better overall performance? The CPU is the heart of a computer and not easily replaced later on with new models due to socket changes. Might as well get one of the best you can, especially if its a difference of $40.

Okay cool, you didn't understand what I said.
The 8320 is an underclocked 8350 and they are both overclockable so you can essentially get an 8350 for $40 cheaper
Discbot
Ahenobabrus Nerva
Discbot
Paladin Uriel

Mmm, not really.

The 8320 is an underclocked 8350 and they are both overclockable so you can essentially get an 8350 for $40 cheaper

The 8350 comes out of the box 4ghz while the 8320 comes out at 3.5ghz. There is a clear difference lol. the 8350 clocks out higher even if you OC both models up to 4.7ghz.

There is a reason why I posted that link, people do this comparison for a reason, it shows why one would choose one model over another. Read all the details.

The performance difference is marginal, but the 8350 is better.
Ahenobabrus Nerva
Discbot

The 8350 comes out of the box 4ghz while the 8320 comes out at 3.5ghz. There is a clear difference lol. the 8350 clocks out higher even if you OC both models up to 4.7ghz.

There is a reason why I posted that link, people do this comparison for a reason, it shows why one would choose one model over another. Read all the details.

Underclocked = lower clock rate, if you bump up the clock rate the performance will be the same and any differences are due to the manufacturing process (this is very similar to how the binned Phe X2's vs Phe X4's)
User Image
[1]
[2]
[3]
Discbot
Ahenobabrus Nerva
Discbot

Underclocked = lower clock rate, if you bump up the clock rate the performance will be the same and any differences are due to the manufacturing process (this is very similar to how the binned Phe X2's vs Phe X4's)
User Image
[1]
[2]
[3]

So are you trying to prove that its worth more to buy the 8320 or the 8350? Everything points to that the 8350 still performs a lil better...

Is the point to overclock the 8320 to get 8350 speeds out of the box? I'm thinking OC performance from both and not just 8320 lol.

Might be were I am getting confused...
Gakmat
Discbot
Ahenobabrus Nerva
Discbot

User Image
[1]
[2]
[3]

So are you trying to prove that its worth more to buy the 8320 or the 8350? Everything points to that the 8350 still performs a lil better...

Is the point to overclock the 8320 to get 8350 speeds out of the box? I'm thinking OC performance from both and not just 8320 lol.

What I am trying to say:
Buy an 8320 save a bit of $$$ OC it so it practically is an 8350
Dreadpirate Chris Roberts
Gakmat
Discbot
Ahenobabrus Nerva
Discbot

User Image
[1]
[2]
[3]

What I am trying to say:
Buy an 8320 save a bit of $$$ OC it so it practically is an 8350

I'd gotten that later on, I was thinking you were comparing both to OC capability. lol
You should definitely consider buying a 120gb SSD for your operating system and core applications.

That motherboard has a fairly low rating compared to other similarly-priced and specced models. This is only $5 more and should be equally compatible.

As others have said, $40 isn't very much when you consider the importance of the CPU to the overall build. Then again, a potential difference of 5% is pretty marginal. Really, it might come down to finding a sale or going with a few large pizzas for the sake of that top of the line feeling.

Personally, I agree with your choice of GPU. I have my eye on the same model. Specifically, I plan on buy a single unit in the near future and then upgrading in a few years by buying a second identical model. The price will naturally have gone down by then and the doubling up will mimic the performance of a higher tier card allowing for an extended life of the overall system.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff