Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=340693

The repo used to create combo fix has been infected, so for the time being do NOT suggest the sticky for repairs.
I will redo my thread when I get home but for now if we get a virus removal, we need to be doing this manually.

Suggested alternatives: roguekiller by tigzy - good program, in English despite the page being French. Removes hooks from system allowing other tools to run w/o interference.

Hitman pro- good tool, 30 day trial, uses 4 AV engines to detect files and removes on boot. Also can make 'kick start USB", which is pretty much combo fix on a stick.

Viper live Google it. 32 and 64 bit root kit, Trojan, and virus removal, automated and rums from DOS. Highly recommended, idiot proof.

edit; combofix is clean, run a sality removal tool if you used it.

Original Gaian

Did they not have a revert available? That sounds like the biggest compromise possible for a rootkit remover.
no idea, but I hear they're working on it. Kinda sucks, didn't realize how heavily the tech world depends on that one tool neutral

8,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
specifically, the microsoft world. I've never needed to use it.

Friendly Phantom

Sitwon
specifically, the microsoft world. I've never needed to use it.

Eh...

I run Win7 and Win8 daily and still haven't needed it. The problem isn't necessarily Microsoft, it's idiot end users who, despite constant warnings from us, do stupid s**t and get infected.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games