Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I have a smart TV and wouldn't mind watching some videos on it like I would on my computer. I don't mind an ad here and there, especially since I'm used to commercials on TV. The problem is some of these people who upload videos and/or have websites sometimes make the videos unwatchable because they try to monetize so much that there's a constant 30 second commercial every 3 minutes or pop-ups. And that's assuming you can get past the bombardment of ads on the site itself to even watch the video.

I was on one site where you would watch a video, the video would go black to load up an ad, and the ad + the sound from the video you were watching would be going at the same time, so you would have to rewind the video once the ad finished to see the parts you missed. classified_fu

Dedicated Man-Lover

10,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
I'm honestly not sure if you can without some hackary on your TV.

However, if you are willing to give basic networking some research to assign a specific DNS server to either the TV or the router itself, then set up some filters on OpenDNS you could filter out most of what you don't want to see, but it might have negative effects on your browsing you'd have to troubleshoot on a case by case basis.

Super Cyclops

Stay clear from smart tvs. It's bad enough you let facebook spy on you, why let an actual spy & surveilance system in your household?
^
Most (All) Smart TVs in the market uses their own specific OS. Unless they are android-based, you could just forget about adblock.

Smart TVs aren't very smart.
Get a decent LED/Plasma and an android box hooked. You could do many things with it smile

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
Mod moved this from tech talk to this board.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff