Computers & Technology: Tech-Talk
Forum Rules and Guidelines
Welcome to the Computers & Technology: Tech-talk sub forum! Computers & Technology (C&T:TT) is intended for technology related discussions. Want to discuss the latest gadgets and software? Here is the place!
As a member, it is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with the forum's rules before posting. Posting in this forum implies that you read and understand the rules and guidelines and that you accept responsibility for the appropriateness of your thread or post.
Here are some helpful tips for your stay at the C&T:TT forum.
Please keep these in mind and refer to them regularly!
Do not flame other users.
- Not all people have the same level of technological proficiency. Do not flame or belittle somebody for their level of skill or lack thereof.
Do not post anything on the "Done to Death FAQ"
- These threads have been covered time and time again, any topics on the done to death list will be removed.
Do not post harmful or misleading suggestions or answers.
- No jokes here. Posting malicious or harmful advice is unacceptable in any form and will not be tolerated.
Do not bump
- This is a slow forum. Please wait until your thread falls off of the first two pages to bump it.
Do not bring a thread back from the dead.
- Posting in threads that haven't been replied to in a long time is known as necroing.
If a thread hasn't been responded to in over a week the original poster has clearly gone or the issue is resolved so there is no need to try and assist them further.
Do not reply to a thread or post that you've reported.
- Once it's been reported, leave the post or thread be, and it will be handled by a moderator. Posting to alert users that they have been reported is spam and you will receive a warning.
Do not reply to flamers/trolls
- Replying to rule breaking users is giving them undeserved attention, ignore the user and report them immediately a moderator will then deal with the situation.
Do not ask us to do your homework
- C&TT is not a homework resource and will not do your homework for you. If you want help with rounding an idea out you can ask. But no one can do your homework for you. All threads asking to have their homework done for them will be deleted as spam. In addition doing your homework for gold is considered Off-Site Trading and this is a bannable offense.
The topic is in the wrong forum and should be moved to a more appropriate forum.
If you need to contact a moderator via Private Message, please use the "View Forum Moderator" link at the top of this forum to find a moderator.
Report Hacking, Scamming or Abuse & Harassment?
The Hacking, Scamming and Abuse or Harassment report forms can be found at the bottom of the forum index. When submitting a report, ensure that you fill out all fields and include as much relevant information as possible.
Report A Hacking
Use this form to report a Hacking. Hacking, on Gaia Online, refers to the unauthorized access of an account by someone other than the account owner. In most typical hacking cases, an unauthorized person enters an account which does not belong to him or her and takes items or gold from the account, often changing the account information so that the original owner can no longer access his or her account.
Report A Scamming
Use this form to report a Scamming. Scamming is when another member of Gaia takes your gold or items, or tries to take your gold or items, by making false promises of giving you rare items, get-rich-quick schemes, or by any other deceptive means. Scamming generally involves a situation in which two members of Gaia make an arrangement to trade gold, items, or a Gaia approved service (e.g. avatar art commission) with each other and then one of the parties involved in the arrangement fails to live up to his or her promise of an exchange.
Report Abuse or Harassment
Use this form to report ongoing Abuse or Harassment. If you are reporting harassment or abuse that is occurring directly in a thread, please use the "Report This Post" button instead.