Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia doesn't care about us, and the users are often assholes. sad

<edit>
To clarify... higher-ups in gaia do not seem to care about the C&T. This is not about the mod team or gaia in general, this is about the obvious neglect the C&T is getting as far as decisions made by the higher-ups.
</edit>

• As for number one, two key examples are the sticky and parser.

• Infection removal sticky? It's over two years old, been trying to get it updated for ages. I'm not a mod, I can't edit locked posts... so once again I posted another thread and have been linking that to users (just like the last time it took forever for it to be updated). For a security guide this sort of time lapse is a killer, and gaia's shown (repeatedly through the iterations of it) that they don't care when we need to resort to this for months before an update.

• Parser? C&Ters have been trying to get it fixed for a year and a half. Some devs have shown support and we even got to do a run on the test server, but then everything went quiet and we haven't gotten stuff since. Sonic made a second thread, but no progress.

These two issues make it difficult to help out in the C&T.

Check the parser thread link for tons of examples, and then think of how common those come up in technical/computer discussions... we have to work around many of those issues on a daily basis. In forums that encourage technical discussion and help, a properly-functioning parser is important, and such forums often have additional functionality/code to cater to the users. Gaia doesn't even have a proper parser.

As for stickies and guides, it goes without saying that an ability to keep them updated in a tech forum is very important... but we lack that.

• The users. Self-explanatory to people who still C&T nowadays. We're constantly insulted and ridiculed for trying to help. I'm not saying we need constant love and praise, but when somebody actually does something good (such as read the stickies when told or change their thread title) and I risk a spam warning to post a thank-you... that's a sign that it's a hell of a lot rarer than it used to be. The way users are often treated here is bad even for tech support standards, given the young age of much of gaia.

Some of the mods have been trying to help, but when it looks like the higher-ups have decided that they don't give a damn, there's not much the mods can do. It's great to have moderation again, but it doesn't fix everything.

I've been hanging around waiting, but after two years of crap I'm just through and am leaving the C&T. Well, gaia on the whole, but C&T's my major posting place so it's not like it matters anywhere else. I used to hang out here to collect gold for art, but getting enough gold for decent art can take months now and finding a decent furry artists I can actually order from is a trial.

It's been a fun 7+ years on gaia (mostly earlier, not so much recently), but I finally give up.
You will be missed. (And probably bothered on random messengers a bit more.)
*hug* You'll be missed, rydian. you were one of the normal ones. and it isn't just the c/t...
I will miss you but I am not one for hugs *pats*
Today Gaia loses an intelligent man. I shall miss reading your posts.

Man-Hungry Prophet

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
A piece of me died reading that. Gonna miss ya Rydian... now who am I going to stalk for tech repair posts?! Besides the other obvious C&T regs whom I stalk on a daily basis without their knowhing... yes, I'm creepy.

Shameless Enabler

Can't Rgoodermote switch the stickies around and such?
Disconsented
IIRC, he has to ask someone higher up.
Jaydi Blaze
Disconsented
IIRC, he has to ask someone higher up.

He is a site mod though, it seems like it should be possible for him to do.
Edit:
Sent him a PM.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Yet another bloody decent person is lost to PHB Syndrome.

At this rate, C&T will just lose everyone with half a brain cell and it will become to Gaia what /b/ is to 4chan. I've seen the decay already starting to set in judging by the steady increase in reports sent.
Lanackse-Kanvae

At this rate, C&T will just lose everyone with half a brain cell and it will become to Gaia what /b/ is to 4chan. I've seen the decay already starting to set in judging by the steady increase in reports sent.
it's also due to the people who have brains leaving and being replaced by people who lack common sense site-wide. since last year, I don't think there's a day done by without an exchange thread or a roleplay thread posted in the ED, miles away from the proper locations.

Gaia is decaying.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Jaydi Blaze
Lanackse-Kanvae

it's also due to the people who have brains leaving and being replaced by people who lack common sense site-wide. since last year, I don't think there's a day done by without an exchange thread or a roleplay thread posted in the ED, miles away from the proper locations.

Gaia is decaying.

I see the decay and I'm hating it but at the same time I can't really do that much and I ******** know it.

Troubleshooting isn't a speciality of mine (more into Systems Dev and Design with Database Admin, not to be confused with data input, being a third choice) and I know that I suck at troubleshooting. I do however like to stamp on spam posts, flame posts, referral links, misplaced threads, etc. Guess I'm best off remaining as an unofficial grumpy janitor trope.
Lanackse-Kanvae
Jaydi Blaze
Lanackse-Kanvae

Gaia is decaying.

I see the decay and I'm hating it but at the same time I can't really do that much and I ******** know it.

Troubleshooting isn't a speciality of mine (more into Systems Dev and Design with Database Admin, not to be confused with data input, being a third choice) and I know that I suck at troubleshooting. I do however like to stamp on spam posts, flame posts, referral links, misplaced threads, etc. Guess I'm best off remaining as an unofficial grumpy janitor trope.
I bounce between gumpy janitor and the obsessive-compulsive fixer guy...but yeah, I fear for this summer.
Disconsented
He is a site mod though, it seems like it should be possible for him to do.
Used to be that way, not anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces