Welcome to Gaia! ::

who builds thier own comps and where do u get ur parts?
ive built my own. id go online. stroes like best buy dont offer alot in selection. luckly for me in my town theres a store called fry electronics(its basicly the home depo of electornics). go to newegg.com or tigerdirect.com. those are the best sites that i have found for comp parts
hey u stole my cloes! and i have a friend that bilds comps.
stibosis
who builds thier own comps and where do u get ur parts?
outpost.com, newegg.com or frys electronics. sometimes staples if they have a good deal. look at slickdeals.com for good deals on cd-rws
I build my own and i always go to newegg. It seems like they always have the best deals.
if you are a beginner you need to learn first before building a comp, nothing dangerous can happen anyway, maybe you could buy incompatible parts thats all the danger
ok ya ive built my own comps my friends told me about chipsnmemmory.com or sumtin like that ive got a frys close too me also thats where i normaly go to get parts

10,950 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
I built my own computer.

I suggest Newegg.com they have great deals, a wide selection, and fast shipping.
I'm in the process of building a computer. Still waiting for my power-supply, and case to come in. All parts are from Newegg.com.
I build computers, and I mostly get my parts from newegg.com, some stuff from tigerdirect.com but their shipping is pretty expensive so you can also get cheap parts at retail stores when they are on sale.
Been building comps for years, usually go with Newegg.com. Had bad experiences with tigerdirect.com.
I am over in the UK and use:
Watford Electronics
Overclock
Overclockers
eBuyer
komplett
dabs

depending on price, and urgency.
Newegg is good if you don't mind online...

I like www.geeks.com because they are down the street from me, so I just go pick stuff up for cheap...

Building computers is extremely simple now a day... as long as you take a few minor precautions, you can get a kid to do it, it's basically slot-a slot-b plug a->plug b and so on, a few jumpers if you have multiple harddrives or CD roms and such, quick bios check (delete or f-10,f-12,f-2) during startup to make sure everythings ready to go =\

Now I had to help get a room of about 50 old shitty machines running, I got to 6 before I quit =\ the parts were old, many wern't working, none of the non-running parts were organized, it was hell to get one running correctly...

Plus between me and 3 other techs we had one screwdriver and 2 cpus =\

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Twistex
Been building comps for years, usually go with Newegg.com. Had bad experiences with tigerdirect.com.

So did I. I ordered a 256 MB stick of Crucial memory and they switched it with this no-name s**t. I've never used them since.
I love tiger direct, though i never shop online there I usually go down to their store.

I go to canadacomputers to get my computer parts. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces