Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bento the spazcat
....your google-net pisses the kitty off. I'm paying out the arse for 3 meg, and I know a trailer park welfare-dependent that gets 12 megs....Which he uses to play COD4 only.
Lucky you. Telmex's Infinitum at 1024k costs $350 pesos per month. Blame the incredibly powerful Carlos Slim and the incredibly weak-a** government gonk
HennesyXO
Bento the spazcat
....your google-net pisses the kitty off. I'm paying out the arse for 3 meg, and I know a trailer park welfare-dependent that gets 12 megs....Which he uses to play COD4 only.
Lucky you. Telmex's Infinitum at 1024k costs $30 per month. Blame the incredibly powerful Carlos Slim and the incredibly weak-a** government gonk

We're paying something like £49 a month for 50Mb internet, a phoneline with free weekend calls (which we don't use), and something like fifty TV channels (most of which are s**t, and we don't really watch TV anyway). It was cheaper to get the internet WITH that stuff than without. Do I win?
CSquared
We're paying something like £49 a month for 50Mb internet, a phoneline with free weekend calls (which we don't use), and something like fifty TV channels (most of which are s**t, and we don't really watch TV anyway). It was cheaper to get the internet WITH that stuff than without. Do I ******** you so much. My college has to pay like £1000 per month for that kind of internet crying

Original Gaian

HennesyXO
CSquared
We're paying something like £49 a month for 50Mb internet, a phoneline with free weekend calls (which we don't use), and something like fifty TV channels (most of which are s**t, and we don't really watch TV anyway). It was cheaper to get the internet WITH that stuff than without. Do I ******** you so much. My college has to pay like £1000 per month for that kind of internet crying
His country also has a much higher density of fiber optic cables, making the overall price for bandwidth cheaper.

Its like saying that its unfair that squid is cheaper on the docks than fourty miles in-land.
HennesyXO
CSquared

But how much bandwidth will the average person actually use: Between 5GB and 200GB per month. If they did their browsing continuously at the start of the month it would only amount to a couple of hours of usage. Your college on the other hand probably is supplying internet for at least 1000, possibly up to 17,000 or so people throughout that month. In the end your college is probably paying less then £1 per month per person for connectivity.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
nightfly19
HennesyXO
CSquared

But how much bandwidth will the average person actually use: Between 5GB and 200GB per month. If they did their browsing continuously at the start of the month it would only amount to a couple of hours of usage. Your college on the other hand probably is supplying internet for at least 1000, possibly up to 17,000 or so people throughout that month. In the end your college is probably paying less then £1 per month per person for connectivity.

Not to mention that the College probably has a business package, which costs more but it s**t hits fan they will scramble to fix that first over the home users.
Gabriel Faust
His country also has a much higher density of fiber optic cables, making the overall price for bandwidth cheaper.

Its like saying that its unfair that squid is cheaper on the docks than fourty miles in-land.
Actually, situation here is more like the squid fishing company can perfectly afford to faster and better delivery trucks that could deliver squid with better conservation at a lower cost, but they intentionally keep their old, creaky piece of s**t buckets because this way they have an excuse to ask for your soul when buying squid inland.

You just have no idea of how much of a ******** evil b*****d is Carlos Slim... you have no idea...
#13 was my friend's little sister. They asked me for help and I was busy with other stuff, so I told them to ask here..

Even normally capable people have their brain fart moments.
HennesyXO
Gabriel Faust

Actually, situation here is more like the squid fishing company can perfectly afford to faster and better delivery trucks that could deliver squid with better conservation at a lower cost, but they intentionally keep their old, creaky piece of s**t buckets because this way they have an excuse to ask for your soul when buying squid inland.

You just have no idea of how much of a ******** evil b*****d is Carlos Slim... you have no idea...
Thing is, in your scenario, those creaky pieces of s**t eat up the profits (assuming they're a factor in the pricing).

If they upgraded the delivery system and still charged the same price, that would be another matter entirely.
Bolweevil
If they upgraded the delivery system and still charged the same price, that would be another matter entirely.
Basically, Telmex is seriously capable of upgrading the delivery system and charge the same price for 3 more years ¬¬
Quote:
Actually viruses can reside in the cable. I called Microsoft and they told me themselves that it can. And that if the virus is deleted from the iPod and not the cord that the virus would just be put back on the iPod the next time it is connected
The Last Rydian
Quote:
Actually viruses can reside in the cable. I called Microsoft and they told me themselves that it can. And that if the virus is deleted from the iPod and not the cord that the virus would just be put back on the iPod the next time it is connected
One or both of them probably heard about something like this and went, "zomg it's in the cables!1!"
Could I add myself with this? This was from 2008. Is that too old?

TwilightXIII
When Jesus died, it took him three days to respawn.

That's bad lag.

Let's get into the Easter season, folks!
TwilightXIII
TwilightXIII
That's bad lag.

I remember that....I still lul.
Yuki The Uke
TwilightXIII
TwilightXIII
That's bad lag.

I remember that....I still lul.

Yes! Someone remembers.
I really have no idea where that came from. Somehow, respawning got mixed up with resurrection.
And thus, lulz were born.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces